Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Costs of Skydiving (Shannon)

Options
  • 22-05-2012 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

So...

thinking of learning to skydive, i know the freefall course costs just over 1K but i'm not sure how it works after that.

Can you just rock up when the sun is out and go jump? If so, how much does it cost? How much is all the gear?

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭bog_savage

Once you have done the course its €15 to 4000 feet and €25 per jump from 13000 feet , + €15 for gear hire .
    You get €7 back if you pack it yourself after , its easy to pack , takes <15 minutes .
    Thats in the Irish Parachute Club www.skydive.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

Shannon?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭baloonatic

Thanks for that, yeah i'm based near shannon, the skydive.ie site had a weather meter that showed shannon, i take it that no one jumps around there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

No Shannon is probably just the nearest convenient met station. Both the main sites are in Offaly although Skydive Ireland used to jump near Nenagh but they're in Birr now which is probably closest to Shannon.

Mind you the way Shannon is going it might make a great skydive centre for someone one day;)

Advertisement