Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slim/Tailored Shirts with longer sleeves

• 22-05-2012 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am looking for any reccomendations for a good website or shop that provides slim/tailored shirts suitable for business with longer sleeves. I am a fan of next shirts because of the fit on my torso but am a size 14.5 and for the shirts they do a longer sleeve on, it isn't available for 14.5 and going any size beyond 15( which the sleeves are still short for anyways) is too baggy.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

thefa wrote: »
    Hi, I am looking for any reccomendations for a good website or shop that provides slim/tailored shirts suitable for business with longer sleeves. I am a fan of next shirts because of the fit on my torso but am a size 14.5 and for the shirts they do a longer sleeve on, it isn't available for 14.5 and going any size beyond 15( which the sleeves are still short for anyways) is too baggy.

Thanks for any help.

T. M . Lewin on South Anne St are excellent for both men's and women's shirts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

thefa wrote: »

Thanks for any help.

It all depends, how much are you willing to pay? You could always buy a shirt with the length in the sleeves and then have darts put in the back to reduce the bagginess around the body. That'd be around E15 extra I should imagine.

The other option is to get a bespoke or made-to-measure shirt, there are three factories on the island making such shirts, they start at around E70 and go up depending on what fabric you pick. PM me if you want details.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 spacelion

I have this problem as well, thefa. Next used to do slim fit shirts with the longer sleeve, but not any more. They aren't even available on the Irish store, and the UK store won't deliver here. I've been around so many places, but it appears that slim fit and extra-long sleeves are more or less incompatible. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

spacelion wrote: »
    I have this problem as well, thefa. Next used to do slim fit shirts with the longer sleeve, but not any more. They aren't even available on the Irish store, and the UK store won't deliver here. I've been around so many places, but it appears that slim fit and extra-long sleeves are more or less incompatible. :mad:

There's an Irish company called Moville clothing making made-to-measure mens and womens shirts. You can submit your own measurements or measure a shirt that fits you and get them to make you one based on those measurements.

http://www.movilleclothing.com/

Advertisement