Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweet Smell over City

Options
  • 22-05-2012 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi hi,

Has anyone else got a really sweet smell on the southside over the last few days? It smells like when you open a fresh bag of Haribo's or something, very strong!

Last night I could smell it from Magazine Road down past the Lough and in Ballyphehane. A friend also got it in the Barrack Street/ Douglas Street area.

Any ideas what is causing it?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

It could be the ferrero factory perhaps wafting down from Kinsale road, or I know there are loadsa hops/barley or something like that coming in the ships.>Victoria road smells quite yummie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Milly33 wrote: »
    It could be the ferrero factory perhaps wafting down from Kinsale road, or I know there are loadsa hops/barley or something like that coming in the ships.>Victoria road smells quite yummie :D

I heard they are making strawberry tic tacs up in ferrero...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Its the sweet smell of not living in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭buachailldana

Milly33 wrote: »

I was thinking that, I know I had gotten the smell up there before between there and Grange! Maybe that's it so!
    bizmark wrote: »
    Its the sweet smell of not living in dublin

Hilarious! But true, of course :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Success :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Austerity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Definitely the Ferrero factory. I have a very acute sense of smell and can smell it all over the city when I'm downwind of the factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Love the smell passing the Kinsale roundabout from Ferrero factory. Never really thought about it but Tic Tacs & Ferreros are technically Cork products (items produced in Cork?) so we should claim them as our own! :p

Monday night down in the Lough smelled of strawberries, not real ones, sugary sweets kind of strawberries.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

I heard on 96fm that it is indeed the strawberry tic tacs! Could smell it this evening in Togher!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

where exactly is the factory? i had a driver asking for directions today in work and i wasnt sure where it was, although he couldnt understand very well,i hope he isnt to lost:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Up the airport hill on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

ofcork wrote: »
    Up the airport hill on the left.

Cheers, i see it now on streetview, i cant believe i never noticed it before!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Iceylou

it is a nice smell but not early in the morning or when the smell is mixed with pig/cow manure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

Was back in kerry for a few days helping out my folks with some gardening and was the most bothered by flies I have ever been. Constantly swatting them off me and Im covered in bites now. Was thinking it was because of the sweetness of cork lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Cork always smells sweet, except for the stinkies on the buses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Thoughtform

Aha, knew I wasn't imagining it! I moved recently and noticed this smell on my new route (Kinsale Road in particular). Was thinking it might be Barry's Tea for those Very Berry teas?

Advertisement