Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend me some iOS games for my travels!

• 22-05-2012 11:36am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Im going travelling soon so a combination of airplanes, travel, lack of network when I'm away prompts me to stock up on a few time killer games. I'm fairly picky with taste though, so it might help to tell you what I have currently have. Devices, i have iphone 4 and ipad 2.

Games I currently have are:

Angry Birds (all bar Space)
    GTA 3
    X Plane
    Tiger Woods
    Trainz
    Bejeweled
    Infinity Blade
    Plants vs Zombies

I have no interest in most sports games or FPS on ios devices. I tend to like strategy games or games that have longevity.

What would you recommend for iphone 4 and/or ipad 2?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

temple run
    Piperoll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

infinity blade 2, crush the castle, touchPhysics, graffiti Ball, geared 1 & 2 to name a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Stick cricket!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Drop7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

If you like the likes of Drop7 and PvZ, chances are you will like the following...

Reckless Getaway
    Trainyard
    Eliss
    Osmos
    Tiny wings
    Edge

...and maybe if you want longevity...
    Frisbee forever
    Peggle or PeggleHD

Links provided for your viewing and browsing pleasure, people :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

jetpack joyride
    peggle

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Mr. TTime

New Star Soccer - seriously addictive!

Don't have to like sports games (or even soccer) to like it...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cotts

Score! Best game ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

machinarium on the ipad :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

^ thanks for the reminder :) keep meaning to check that out either on steam or ipad...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Draw Something(basically pictionary...best for iPad)
    Words with Friends(scrabble but great)
    Cut the rope (physics-ish game)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

Doodle Jump.

The first game I got and the one played most. Simple jumping game but it actually increases my heart rate the higher and harder it gets.

App Store Link.

Fieldrunners.
    A tower defense game, really good. I ran my battery flat playing this non-stop.

App Store Link.

Siege Hero.
    Similar to Angry Birds. Perhaps slightly easier, plenty of levels and a good challenge if you like those 3 star completions, like angry birds.

App Store Link.

Advertisement