Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible GTX 600 performance bug

Options
  • 22-05-2012 11:39am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/graphics/display/20120521112051_Nvidia_Rumoured_to_Recall_GeForce_600_Series_Graphics_Cards.html

Apparently some people are reporting performance degredation with the new GTX 600 cards. There were rumours that NVidia were going to do a mass recall but they have denied any problems for now. It seems that chips may be suffering from serious performance degradation over long periods of heavy load. It probably won't affect anyone who isn't a serious gamer, but then again most people who would buy a GTX 670/680 are probably in that category.

It might turn out to be just an isolated incident, but it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to hold off on buying one for a couple of days until more information comes out. Apparently EVGA already recalled some of their GTX 670s over a different problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

And denied by Nvidia, doesn't mean there's no truth in it, but it sounds like BS.

More here, seems like there is a recall on specific 670's only and it all got blown out of proportion.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

glynf wrote: »
    And denied by Nvidia, doesn't mean there's no truth in it, but it sounds like BS.

More here, seems like there is a recall on specific 670's only and it all got blown out of proportion.

Yeah as I said its probably nothing, but this wouldn't be the first time NVidia denied that a problem existed with their cards :pac:. No harm in waiting to see if more people report problems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

deconduo wrote: »
    Yeah as I said its probably nothing, but this wouldn't be the first time NVidia denied that a problem existed with their cards :pac:. No harm in waiting to see if more people report problems

I hear you, I was planning on flogging my 7970's to go for 680's, think I will hold back for a bit now:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

This is the last thing I wanted to read a few days after ordering an evga 670 SC :(

Hopefully will turn it to be all out of proportion...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭BillyCom

SickBoy wrote: »
    This is the last thing I wanted to read a few days after ordering an evga 670 SC :(

Hopefully will turn it to be all out of proportion...

The Asus non-reference cards are better than evga ones tbh;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

BillyCom wrote: »
    The Asus non-reference cards are better than evga ones tbh;)

Advertisement