Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house

Options
  • 22-05-2012 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi There- not sure if anyone can help but Ill give it a go...I put a deposit on a house in January..and I still have no sign of a completion date. I have hounded the estate agent but he keeps saying that there is 3 vendors involved and every week Im being fobbed off as to why they have not instructed their solicitor to get everyting in order... I know the obvious answer is to pull out- we have threatened this with no joy and its my 'dream house' and decent price so I dont want to pull out of the sale!

Is there anything else I can do- are the vendors under any legal obligation to sell in a certain time frame?? We are going into the 5th month now with no movement...Thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

At this stage it should between the solicitors and the estate agent takes a back seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Lisie247

I know yea- but the vendors solicitor is saying she cant do anything without the go ahead from her client...so at the moment nothing is being done by anyone..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

Lisie247 wrote: »
    I know yea- but the vendors solicitor is saying she cant do anything without the go ahead from her client...so at the moment nothing is being done by anyone..

I'd suggest hounding your solicitor to find out from the vendors solicitor the reason it's taken so long, a likely timeframe to complete (if any!). Have you signed contracts for the purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Dobedo

Hi
    Just wondering if things got moving for you on your 'dream house'?

We've just put a deposit down on a house two weeks ago. The agent DNG still has a 'for sale' sign outside the house and its still on myhome and daft. Does anyone know if we have any rights is getting him to put 'sale agreed' on it. Our solicitor hasn't got any contracts yet.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭deirdremf

Dobedo wrote: »
    Hi

We've just put a deposit down on a house two weeks ago. The agent DNG still has a 'for sale' sign outside the house and its still on myhome and daft. Does anyone know if we have any rights is getting him to put 'sale agreed' on it. Our solicitor hasn't got any contracts yet.

Thanks,
    You could always tell the EA that you will be requiring your deposit back if they don't remove them from daft and myhome, this might encourage them.

On the other hand, many many sale-agreeds are returning to the "for Sale" section owing to people not being able to get finance - how solid is your situation? Is there anything that could worry the EA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Dobedo

deirdremf wrote: »
    Dobedo wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks,
    You could always tell the EA that you will be requiring your deposit back if they don't remove them from daft and myhome, this might encourage them.

On the other hand, many many sale-agreeds are returning to the "for Sale" section owing to people not being able to get finance - how solid is your situation? Is there anything that could worry the EA?
    Thanks for your reply.
    We've gotten prior approal and are go to go. The house is being sold by ibrc bank & we've been warned it can take 8-10 weeks process, but i still feel if we've given a deposit then it should be "sale agreed''.

Advertisement