Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: FAI Ford Cup (SECOND ROUND): Fixtures 25-27 May 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Not gonna bother with you. You're either deluded or an idiot.

Or have seen both players play full games a wee bit more than you? And deducted on technical ability and touch and technique that Russell is a quite a decent player with none of the failings of Fahey and can actually say "i think he is better". Fahey is better at set pieces but with his current club/country he doesnt take them anymore.

jaysis rovers fan were right about you lot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Very tight game in Tallaght. Limerick were very..physically strong upfront. Not much threat though, except for a few long throw ins. Denied two stonewall penalties though, especially in injury time.

The referee was diabolical. Hopefully with Hancock on Monday and now Buttimer today, we don't see them at a Rovers game for a long time again. He tried to make a game that was at pre-season pace for huge parts of it into a dirty card happy game. Barely a dirty tackle in the game, yet there was no chance that 22 players would leave the pitch after 93 minutes.

Not great from Rovers, not much threat, but a clean sheet and a win.

Sligo :pac:

dfx- wrote: »
    Limerick were very.

Bradley and Gamble any use?

Don't think Gamble played. Bradley came on midway through the second half and was very poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

dfx- wrote: »
    The referee was diabolical. :

The Killian Brennan free kick :o Some crazy decisions. Didnt see what the red was for tbh, a few late challenges, Kavangh was caught very late, among a very others.

Powell was very good. Brennan had a really good game too imo, he still gets slated though.

We're terrible though, unbelievably bad.

Gartland, Brennan, Rice, Kavanagh, Purcell and a couple of others for Limerick booked and a straight red to a sub who was on for 30 seconds. He had his foot up with studs showing and might've caught Gilbert's thigh. Booking maybe if you're being harsh. I'm surprised Brennan didn't get a second yellow for winning the ball.

And yet he missed two clear penalties. The mind boggles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

dreamers75 wrote: »
    €15 Cup game so gate is split, they opted for sunday as they have a game on thursday? or a player has a wedding not sure.
    monkey9 wrote: »
    It's a tenner in. Fiver with concession.

Doubt I'll make it down now, but hoping it's a fiver for students if I do manage to get down.
    CSF wrote: »
    Watching back our match on RTE, Paddy Kavanagh is so good.

Only caught the first half in work on my phone and we looked decent, seems we fell apart in the second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

We didn't come out for the second half. Must have been brutal to watch.

"RTE is fúckin shíte" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

What were Shels fans singing about Jason Byrne?

What were Shels fans singing about Jason Byrne?

that someone called Nicola "likes the cock", it was a very, very small number of the total number of Shels fans in attendance, and not any of the "regular singers". I didn't join in myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Must have been a tiny number so.

Two hat tricks at The Cross last night. Once we woke up we were excellent. God love Athlone tho. Absolute dross. That said it seemed their average age was about 19.

Home draw again please.

gimmick wrote: »
    Must have been a tiny number so.

you just can't help the obsession, can you?

We actually had a crowd of about 2.5-3k in Bray last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Yes. I heard that and that there were Shells fans locked out due to overwhelming numbers as well. The price of success i suppose. I assume ye all made a few quid from the result as well?

gimmick wrote: »
    Yes. I heard that and that there were Shells fans locked out due to overwhelming numbers as well. The price of success i suppose. I assume ye all made a few quid from the result as well?

had a oner on the draw, yeah, we never came out for the second half, pre-determined. Did you see the Bray goal? comedy of "errors"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

No idea what Keane was sent off for. Pascal had the ball and there was no one near Keane at the time.

He probably took a dive and conned the ref into thinking he'd been fouled by himself. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Awful first half from Dundalk last night against non-league St Pats. Really thought there was a cupset on the cards.

Second half was much better though and we pretty much dominated. Scored a goal, should have got five or six. Rafter missed a peno late on (worst peno I've seen in a long time) but we're through and that's all that matters. Derby against the Drogs next week is huge. A win and potentially we're 8th or 9th and things won't be looking so bad. A loss and McCaffrey is really in the shit.

McCaffrey had another row with supporter at the end. Had to be pulled away before it got nasty. In other news it looks like we'll be playing in yellow at home for the rest of the season. Looks like the sponsors Fyffes are taking advantage of our cash problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Nananana, nananana. Hey hey hey, fúck off Rovers! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Sligo out.:eek:

Really opens it up for every team now.

When City eventually realised the game had actually started we tore Athlone apart.

2 hat-tricks. Never seen that at a City match before.

Purcell is officially announced as winner of the "Biggest Loser" competition. He's gone from a fat lump of **** to a brick wall of a front man in 2 months.

Sign him up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

A right game of two halves in Bray. Waters shouldve got a winner but with the manner of the goal he did get I wont complain.

Read that the replay is on Monday?

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    A right game of two halves in Bray. Waters shouldve got a winner but with the manner of the goal he did get I wont complain.

Read that the replay is on Monday?

yep, 8 in tolka

Cheers I think I shall go to that. How much will it be in?

probably 15 quid, ususally is, and it was last night in your place.

could be 745 kick off, so check on Monday, or just arrive for 745.

Are you in Bray? Dart to connolly, then change trains for Drumcondra.

by the way, I had food in the Hibo before the game last night. Terrible.

Im in Carrickmines so shall get the Luas.

Have never been in there. Martello has a better rep and its not far away at all.

Mushy wrote: »
    Im in Carrickmines so shall get the Luas.

Have never been in there. Martello has a better rep and its not far away at all.

Aye, I know Bray very well, the Father In Law drinks in the Hibo.

Prefer Holland's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Not even 150 in Terryland.

Hats off the the FAI.

• Advertisement

Not even 150 in Terryland.

Hats off the the FAI.

Never gonna be much of a crowd at 4:37 in the morning. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Anybody going to Inchicore today keep an eye out for my little bro, most likely playing up front for Crumlin. He's scored 2 hattricks in the last week so he's in confident mood and after his disappointment with Longford last year I can only assume he'll be looking to put in a shop window performance.

If you could supply cliff notes later, it would be swell. I'd ask the aul' fella but he only ever talks about the bad/stupid stuff we do on the pitch

I'll say 3-1 saints

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Ebbs wrote: »
    The Killian Brennan free kick :o Some crazy decisions. Didnt see what the red was for tbh, a few late challenges, Kavangh was caught very late, among a very others.

Powell was very good. Brennan had a really good game too imo, he still gets slated though.

We're terrible though, unbelievably bad.

TBH I just didn't see it with Brennan. He puts himself about and is plenty athletic, but he gives the ball away far too much and does things that just left me baffled.

Agree with you on Powell, best player on the pitch IMO, with Gilbert not that far behind. Rice also looked as comfortable on the ball as I've seen him all season. He seemed to be sitting a bit deeper and the extra space suited him. It's also encouraging that we have two in-form number 10 choices in O'Neill and Kavanagh.

Beyond that our wingers had a painfully quiet night. Billy Dennehy's particularly low on confidence - did he get a single ball in the second half? At this stage, I'd seriously consider tucking Brennan in his place, bring in Turner for now and Finn as soon as he's fit.

On a side note, Pat Scully was great entertainment. 'Was it handball Pat? Go on, tell us, was it handball?!' Seriously thought he was going to clock the ref on the pitch at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

theteal wrote: »
    Anybody going to Inchicore today keep an eye out for my little bro, most likely playing up front for Crumlin. He's scored 2 hattricks in the last week so he's in confident mood and after his disappointment with Longford last year I can only assume he'll be looking to put in a shop window performance.

If you could supply cliff notes later, it would be swell. I'd ask the aul' fella but he only ever talks about the bad/stupid stuff we do on the pitch

I'll say 3-1 saints

I'll be sure to shout abuse at him!!!! :)

Delighted the game is on today!! It'll be great to watch a match in this weather!!

monkey9 wrote: »
    I'll be sure to shout abuse at him!!!! :)

Delighted the game is on today!! It'll be great to watch a match in this weather!!

i'd love to be there but i've a gaa match over in west london, it's 27 poxy degrees!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Kildrim Tigers 1(Carlin):3(O'Sullivan 2,Meade) Avondale Utd FT
    Cherry Orchard 2(Sheppard,Caul):0 Longford Town FT

Douglas Hall 1( Kelleher) :1(Broaders) Wexford Youths
    (should be nearly full-time)

Everton 0:1(Breen) Waterford Utd. Latest
    Crumlin Utd 0: 2 (Carrol,Meenan) St.Pats Ath Latest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Kildrim Tigers 1(Carlin):3(O'Sullivan 2,Meade) Avondale Utd FT
    Cherry Orchard 2(Sheppard,Caul):0 Longford Town FT

Douglas Hall 1( Kelleher) :1(Broaders) Wexford Youths FT

Everton 0:1(Breen) Waterford Utd. FT
    Crumlin Utd 0: 3 (Carrol,Meenan,Jake Kelly) St.Pats Ath FT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Jesus Christ...

I'll say 3-1 saints

Decent player, rested for most off the game as they have winnable cup games to come. Believe we are looking at him, Paul Martin in the commentary box with us raving about him. he played 30 minutes or so left wing. Did alright considering the game was over after 3 minutes.

Pats are to sign Crumlins right back Cooney....he looked good.

Nice day they came into it 2nd half but game was long over by then. We played our 1st team and it was easy, reckon if either Rovers played Crumlin it would be 27-0 ....we just not ruthless enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Nice day they came into it 2nd half but game was long over by then. We played our 1st team and it was easy, reckon if either Rovers played Crumlin it would be 27-0 ....we just not ruthless enough.
    Ah now we've been bad this week Dreamers but I don't think they'd beat us that badly. I'd go with 5-1.. North to score a consolation goal

Ah now we've been bad this week Dreamers but I don't think they'd beat us that badly. I'd go with 5-1.. North to score a consolation goal

Any truth in the rumour hes off at the end of june to Accrington?

I have money on him to be top scorer :D

I'll say 3-1 saints

You a Roche as well?

Ah Alan McGreal? Yea he played with us last year...

I have money on him to be top scorer :D
    Can't see Accrington affording him.

Ah Alan McGreal? Yea he played with us last year...

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Pats are to sign Crumlins right back Cooney....he looked good.

We done that a while back in the shape of Tony Griffths...how bad he was when he signed for us was crazy! Went back to Crumlin and is now with Mons.
    Can't see Accrington affording him.

Wages?

Replay Tonight, Shels -v- Bray.

8PM Kick Off

Tolka Park

http://shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=2185

Wages?
    Hes under contract. They'd need to pay a transfer fee.

Hes under contract. They'd need to pay a transfer fee.

Until the end of this season?

Yeah. They can sign him in January. I'd expect Cook to try to sign most of our team at that stage, assuming hes still there himself..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Can't see AS paying a fee in August when they can have him free 6 months later?

stovelid wrote: »
    Can't see AS paying a fee in August when they can have him free 6 months later?
    Thats what I'm saying.

Sorry for the confusion. Heres what I should have said:
    No.

Yeah.

If his contract is up at the end of the season, he can sign a pre-contract agreement to leave during the summer.

• Advertisement

Zebra3 wrote: »
    If his contract is up at the end of the season, he can sign a pre-contract agreement to leave during the summer.
    Yes, but that doesn't change the answer to the question asked.

Advertisement