Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today is World Goth Day!!!!

• 22-05-2012 12:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

I hope you all feel miserable and hate yourselves.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

who actually makes up these days?

can anyone do it?

if so i declare tomorrow will be mars bar day!

spread the word!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

You goth to be kidding. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

FatherLen wrote: »
    According to an unofficial website for the festivities, World Goth Day came about after a BBC6 Music weekend celebrating different genres of music, with 22 May happening to be the day BBC6 focused on the Goth movement.

Since 2009, World Goth Day has expanded from a British venture to a worldwide celebration of all things Goth.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/05/21/world-goth-day-2012_n_1533091.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

can anyone do it?

if so i declare tomorrow will be battered mars bar day!

spread the word!

i fixed your post .... battered mars bar will be happy ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Yay :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Yay :(

Boooooo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Don't be a goth, be a boss.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

I hope you all feel miserable and hate yourselves.

That's so goth right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭funnilenough

the goths,sure they,re a grand bunch of lads,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

So lame. When's emo day? Saturday at central bank. What is it about that damn bank that attracts them. I'm tellin you they know something. Is it the flame in a sphere perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Didn't Goths evolve* into Emos?

*evolve might not be the right word ya know Darwin and all that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

danniemcq wrote: »
    Didn't Goths evolve* into Emos?

*evolve might not be the right word ya know Darwin and all that!

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭beco2010

I tought a goth was a emo whats the deference. does one not hate themselves as much as the other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I bought some Emo grass seed last year.

It's fucking brilliant stuff - the lawn now cuts itself.

I bought some Emo grass seed last year.

It's fucking brilliant stuff - the lawn now cuts itself.
    very good

golf clap

How many goths does it take to change a light bulb?

None, they just sit there in the dark and cry.

How many goths does it take to change a light bulb?

None, they just sit there in the dark and cry.
    good keep them coming. goth day cant be fun for them but it can for everyone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

No.

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Most don't qualify as real Goths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Emos - skater kids with American accents who listen to Linkin Biskit or whatever tha fuk are about as connected to 70s/80s goths originating in Britain as Jedward are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

So what's the deal, can I go an adopt one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Ah they arnt attention seeking enough they now need their own day .
    Hey everyone please look at me Im not conforming pugwash.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Chamone MF

There can never actually be a official goth day as joining in in any similar group activity would cause a goth to consider them-self as being 'the same as everyone else' or one of the 'sheeple'.

Goths don't conform, and to prove this they conform by wearing the non-conformist uniform of the goth community.

If they don't wear the goth uniform then they aren't conforming with goth rules and are thus not part of the goth community and a considered to be a part of contemporary society , i.e just another conformist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Was Emo not in Sesame Street? :confused:

So they are not becoming a societal group by becoming a societal group.
    Your just another demographic get on with it and put down your das razor blade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

cloptrop wrote: »
    Ah they arnt attention seeking enough they now need their own day .
    Hey everyone please look at me Im not conforming pugwash.
    Lol. Of all the people to object to attention-seeking. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Chamone MF wrote: »
    There can never actually be a official goth day as joining in in any similar group activity would cause a goth to consider them-self as being 'the same as everyone else' or one of the 'sheeple'.

Goths don't conform, and to prove this they conform by wearing the non-conformist uniform of the goth community.

If they don't wear the goth uniform then they aren't conforming with goth rules and are thus not part of the goth community and a considered to be a part of contemporary society , i.e just another conformist.

I think my head is about to explode :(

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Q. How many Goths does it take to make a cheesecake?

A. None, there are no goths in cheesecake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Chamone MF wrote: »

Either you've got too much time on your hands or you need to go out and celebrate your day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ruralyoke

Goths.

Meh.

Must be the most annoying sect around. Most self consciously "different" and they can't even agree on what their music constitutes half of the time. Also the most pretentious - hardly any of them are actually that dark or miserable.

Is there much of a difference between a goth and a curehead ?

I got some goth wallpaper the other day.

It's fantastic stuff - it hangs itself.

How come you rarely see older goths. Do they all sell out and conform or do the suicide thingy.
    Maybe we are just experiencing the rise of the goths where the older ones have finally got the youths onside.
    Do goths get into gothing as a group of friends or do they just cast aside their friends, put on some eyeliner and go sit at the central bank and make new friends.
    Never have sex with a goth , if anyone asked her how it was shed give an unenthusiastic response , none of her friends would give you one then .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Chamone MF

LukeS_ wrote: »
    Either you've got too much time on your hands or you need to go out and celebrate your day.

I'm not a goth. But thanks for taking the time out of your busy day - on boards - to tell me I've got too much time on my hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Emos and goths are completely different, and both have co-existed for decades.
    The newish emo trend is just an extension of what was already there.
    Not entirely sure what scene is though - I think it's a mix of emo and skanger?!

Ruralyoke wrote: »
    Is there much of a difference between a goth and a curehead ?

Musically, Cureheads are generally just massive Cure fans while goths are into heavier, rockier bands like Fields of the Nephilim & Bauhaus. Goths also tend to be more extreme in their dress sense & are more into tattoos & piercings.

Generally though, there's a good bit of cross-over between the two.

Goths are long haired black wearing oddballs. Emos have shorter styled hair, are bisexual and cry. They like colour too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

Freaks the lot of them

• Advertisement

Is Justin Bieber an emo .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

No,he's a little wanker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

How come you rarely see older goths. Do they all sell out and conform or do the suicide thingy.

I hung up my Tall Boots and Long coats a long time ago when I bought
    my Firearms. Guns & Goths dont mix well when it comes to Public perception and media. Did not want to be venturing into the countryside scaring
    all the country people all in black looking like a gun crazed nut case, and
    certainly did not want to look like a serial killer while calling into the Local Garda station for an interview......so the black clothes went and in came the green and grey. and brown's.

Still have an Ankle length Leather Jacket and Knee high boot in the attic somplace for nostalgic value, something to show the Kids/Grandkids on how silly you looked in your youth.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Maybe we are just experiencing the rise of the goths where the older ones have finally got the youths onside.
    Do goths get into gothing as a group of friends or do they just cast aside their friends, put on some eyeliner and go sit at the central bank and make new friends.
    Never have sex with a goth , if anyone asked her how it was shed give an unenthusiastic response , none of her friends would give you one then .

Actually the Goth scene is largely considered a unique social dynamic because the entire scene is aging. Most young folk don't become goths anymore, you have the Emo's and the Metalers but few making the move to Goth territory.

There was an interesting article about the phenomenon in The Guardian recently.

No, he's more of a hipster. He's got some scene hair going on, or used to but now he's wanna be Indy. Probably bisexual and a lot better looking than a goth.
    I think he went through a wigger phase too.
    He's probably gone too old to be an emo though and goths aren't in fashion so hipster is probably what he's going for. That's trying to hard to look like a nerd and kind of Indy at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

ah well every day should be a goth day, or just a live and let live day!
    Apparrantly in most generic scanger type areas if youve got black hair, arent wiping brown stuff from a tube/bottle/spray on you and pretty much yeah like darkness, dark/dramatic colours, black etc and are your own person then your a "godth" , you have to put a d in there for the authentic scanger way :rolleyes:

So, yay for me, im happy with that title :D

Happy World Goth day all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

I think I have found THE CURE for the modern goth problem??

No wait...............

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    ah well every day should be a goth day, or just a live and let live day!
    Apparrantly in most generic scanger type areas if youve got black hair, arent wiping brown stuff from a tube/bottle/spray on you and pretty much yeah like darkness, dark/dramatic colours, black etc and are your own person then your a "godth" , you have to put a d in there for the authentic scanger way :rolleyes:

So, yay for me, im happy with that title :D

Happy World Goth day all!

You sound more like an emo. Post a pic and I can diagnose you :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Cant seem to post thumnails or images in this thread weird.

Anyone remember this Irish Band. Had not heard of them growing up
    but aparently they were gothy'ish at their time bought their single
    on ebay a few years back. (The older Dublin Goths might remember them,
    the rest of the country might not!)
    263299_1782891307076_1683296550_1322640_1120228_n.jpg
    184112_1782891107071_1683296550_1322639_513924_n.jpg

Also a few Pics of some Picture Discs that might bring back some memories from yesteryear(not all goth)
    http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w70/bullets_ie/records/?start=all
    ~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

can anyone do it?

if so i declare tomorrow will be mars bar day!

spread the word!
    i fixed your post .... battered mars bar will be happy ;)

It's a good job I'm vain enough to seach my username or I'd never find a post like this in a goth thread :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement