Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bilberry travellers

Options
  • 22-05-2012 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭

They vacated their site and moved a couple of hundred metres further up a few weeks back. Now the vacant site looks to have builders on it, laying foundations for some construction or another by the looks.

Anyone know what the story is? Just curious..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

They vacated their site and moved a couple of hundred metres further up a few weeks back. Now the vacant site looks to have builders on it, laying foundations for some construction or another by the looks.

Anyone know what the story is? Just curious..

iirc the bilberry site is being rebuilt and modernised. Once the work is finished the travellers will move back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Interesting.. Do they own the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Council owns it and are doing it up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Interesting.. Do they own the site?

Your household charge is paying for it, I wonder did the travellers at the bilberry site pay the household charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Your household charge is paying for it, I wonder did the travellers at the bilberry site pay the household charge?

Madness isnt it, hopefully in a few years we will be able to bring the kilmeaden railway all the way into city. We should be moving them elsewhere rather than creating a problem down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

So how does it work, do the travellers rent the site from the council and, as landlords, the council are responsible for maintenance / refurbishment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

So how does it work, do the travellers rent the site from the council and, as landlords, the council are responsible for maintenance / refurbishment?

You're joking right, rent?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Marchandire

Max Powers wrote: »
    Madness isnt it, hopefully in a few years we will be able to bring the kilmeaden railway all the way into city. We should be moving them elsewhere rather than creating a problem down the line.

How do you mean, a problem down the line? My family comes from that end of town and I can't remember a single problem with the travellers living in that yard. Why don't we concentrate on the fecking bankers and property developers and leave them alone when they're not bothering anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭thrilledskinny

Sorry to post this and to be so presumptious, but i bet they use the river as their dumping ground !!

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

How do you mean, a problem down the line? My family comes from that end of town and I can't remember a single problem with the travellers living in that yard. Why don't we concentrate on the fecking bankers and property developers and leave them alone when they're not bothering anyone?

I used to always go passed them going into town when I was younger. Was a long walk haha. Never had any problems with them apart from one time one of them came out and wanted to fight 5 of us. Told him to feck off and me mates shat themselves haha. Thats going back years though and it was something that could have happened anywhere. Used to chat away to them all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

did a girl not get shot there about two years ago ?

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

south wrote: »
    did a girl not get shot there about two years ago ?

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Think it was just a few pellets that hit her, not sure for definite though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Think it was just a few pellets that hit her, not sure for definite though.
    And back around 2003 there were 5 cars burnt out in the same place.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sorry to post this and to be so presumptious, but i bet they use the river as their dumping ground !!

Your right, its very presumptuous

Sure while we're at it, I bet all business that operate on the quays also dump stuff into the river

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Cabaal wrote: »
    Your right, its very presumptuous

Sure while we're at it, I bet all business that operate on the quays also dump stuff into the river

:rolleyes:
    One thing's for sure the business people won't take the lead off their own roofs.

Advertisement