Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand things

• 22-05-2012 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

I was wondering if there is anywhere/anyone that supplies/has second hand gear - like a crate that their dog has grown out of etc? I will buy new bowls etc but the crate is a big purhcase and seems a shame for someone to have one malingering in the attic unused!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Donedeal.ie or adverts.ie would be the best ones to try. Or if the magazine the dealer is in your area you could try that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭jwilco

You can also have a look on buyandsell

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mirekb

Thanks! Quick question, if I were to get a travelling crate would it be suitable to use at home or should I get a steel one? Any recommendations?

mirekb wrote: »
    Thanks! Quick question, if I were to get a travelling crate would it be suitable to use at home or should I get a steel one? Any recommendations?

Do you mean one of these plastic ones or one of these slanty metal ones? (pasting from zooplus.de as they're cheaper than uk or ie for these atm)
    I have an atlas 100 and it's my dogs bed in the kitchen! Handy cos it has storage compartments in the top.

• Advertisement

I saw some material kind of ones that looked more comfortable, like this?

http://http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_cages_carriers/folding_dog_kennels/226050

I'd say it'd depend on the dog and their size - my guy (retriever) would smash one in seconds lol :)

tk123 wrote: »
    I'd say it'd depend on the dog and their size - my guy (retriever) would smash one in seconds lol :)

My other two would probably not last long, but the new fella will be a border collie pup. I've never crated before, the others are rescues and are basically crated in the hall, but the puppy won't be in with them. Do they stay in the crate forever?

Advertisement