Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mental health and school?

Options
  • 22-05-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi, I don't know if this is the right place for this so sorry. Has anyone else that struggles with anxiety or depression found an alternative route for finishing school? It is not possible for me to do the final two years in my school, between the mental illnesses and the fact that they are not doing LCA. I am very anxious about the thought of moving school to one that offers LCA so that probably won't happen. I can't seem to find any health services or day hospitals that would offer some sort of tutoring or homeschooling. Has anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

could you ask the school to send you the material for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rsarahd88

Yeah, I have an appointment with the school counsellor this week so I will ask her that but do you think I'd be able to do it alone or would I need to hire a tutor? Thanks for your reply btw, have you any experience with this sort of thing?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

The NEWB are the group to contact, they may be able to help you get some home tuiton

• Registered Users Posts: 16 rsarahd88

Thank you :)

Advertisement