Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MADNESS DUBLIN GIG ANNOUNCED

Options
  • 22-05-2012 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Great to see MADNESS have announced a tour later on in the year and play
    Dublin 02 on 28th November on the first night of "THE CHARGE OF THE MAD BRIGADE TOUR". :D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Never seen them live and would love to go after the return to form of The Liberty of Norton Folgate. But don't like the O2 and would prefer to see them in the Olympia or Vicar street.
    skaface wrote: »
    Great to see MADNESS have announced a tour later on in the year and play
    Dublin 02 on 28th November on the first night of "THE CHARGE OF THE MAD BRIGADE TOUR". :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭skaface

bullpost wrote: »
    Never seen them live and would love to go after the return to form of The Liberty of Norton Folgate. But don't like the O2 and would prefer to see them in the Olympia or Vicar street.

The 02 is a big venue alright, but the sound there is very good.. you should try to see a Madness live show, they ALWAYS play a great set. There will be a great atmosphere in the 02 :D:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Seem them at the last O2 show and loved it . Id say since they had played EP that year aswell would have had an affect on sales

Seem them at the last O2 show and loved it . Id say since they had played EP that year aswell would have had an affect on sales

Was at the 02 myself the last time, it was a great show.
    I,d be a little worried that this concert is on a Wednesday night :mad:
    This could affect Ticket sales, also they are playing Belosonic in Belfast in August.. In saying all this, they still have a strong fanbase in Ireland, and with
    a new album due for release in the summer,there should be a fair bit of interest
    for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

Does anyone know when tickets go on sale?

• Advertisement

The Nutty Boys ride again on November 28 when Madness bring their The Charge Of The Mad Brigade world tour to the Dublin O2.

Tickets priced €44.55 and €51.65 go on sale on Friday June 1.

Will definetly be getting tickets for this.. prices are reasonable aswell.
    Can,t wait for this gig now, should be a cracker :D:D

Nice start to my birthday today.. just opened my birthday card from the missus
    Two tickets for MADNESS in the 02 for November :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Bring those visuals that they used yesterday at Buckingham Palace!!

Madness are on Later with Jools Holland tonight on BBC2 at 11.50 playing songs
    from their new album due for release next week titled - "Qui Qui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da

• Advertisement

Anyone else going to this gig next week... :cool:
    Hopefully there will be a big crowd, does anyone know how ticket sales
    are doing for the MADNESS Gig at The 02??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

skaface wrote: »
    Anyone else going to this gig next week... :cool:
    Hopefully there will be a big crowd, does anyone know how ticket sales
    are doing for the MADNESS Gig at The 02??

Judging by the volume of TV , radio and newspaper adverts in the past 2 weeks, not great I'd say.

Loads of tickets being given away on radio competitions at the moment and KC on Today FM is bringing 20 people to the gig and putting them all up at the Gibson!!

Just had a look on Ticketmaster and I could get 8 standing tickets or 8 seats together in Block A row 26 and given that Row 21 is the first row when standing downstairs it looks like it's a slow seller!!

Judging by the volume of TV , radio and newspaper adverts in the past 2 weeks, not great I'd say.

Loads of tickets being given away on radio competitions at the moment and KC on Today FM is bringing 20 people to the gig and putting them all up at the Gibson!!

Just had a look on Ticketmaster and I could get 8 standing tickets or 8 seats together in Block A row 26 and given that Row 21 is the first row when standing downstairs it looks like it's a slow seller!!

Cheers for info

I suppose the fact it,s on a Wednesday night wouldn,t help..
    Pity really, as i,d say if this gig was on at the weekend, a lot more people would go :(
    Still a week to go, a lot of folk might buy between now and then, or on the night itself

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Anyone heard stage on-time for this? Is there any support?

Doors 6.30pm // Man Like Me 8pm // Madness 9pm

Madness were in Top form at The 02 Dublin, playing 22 songs on the nite, 7 of which were from the New Album.. Great crowd there also, not sold out but i would estimate a crowd between 8 to 10,000.. not bad for a Wednesday nite!!

Advertisement