Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need a Hair Makeover!

• 22-05-2012 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Desperately in need of someone to take me in hand and give me a hair makeover.
    I am one of these people who would prefer to go to the dentist than the hairdresser!!:eek:
    I have long hair and although I want to keep it that way, I want a change in style. My hair is just long and straight and is usually just flat and lifeless.
    I want a change of style but still want to keep the length.

Does anyone know of a really good hair salon in the City Centre that can give good advice and recommendations.. I dont care about price. I am fed up going to hairdressers and them just asking me what I want and not taking the initiative. I dont mean doing something I dont want but I really want to put myself in someone hands if you know what I mean??

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Wherever you end up going, book a consultation for prior to your appointment. A lot of salons will do a consultation just off the street too, if there is a stylist available. It gives you a chance to take time to discuss what you want with your hair, and then a few days after to think about it. Sometimes with just your hair appointment the stylist won't an extended amount of time to chat and go through stuff with you. Bring pictures or magazine of styles you like.

By City Centre, I assume you mean Dublin. I got to Alan at Toni & Guy on Clarendon St, find him very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 bananabuster

Hi Eevans! I am the exact same as you..I am a disaster with my hair and am always so bored with it..whenever I need a hair makeover i go to House of Colour on Abbey St and literally say just that and then put myself in their hands! They always really listen thoroughly and talk you through everything they are doing consistently and give you advice and what actually suits your face shape, skin tone etc..They always seem to have enough time to talk beforehand even when they are busy-They also have different levels of hairdressers there so I always go to the "style directors" which seem to have the most experience..im sure if you rang up and asked or went onto their website you would be able to get a list of names..also like the other poster said it is probably helpful to bring in magazine cuttings of styles you like

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EEvans

Thanks Twee and Bananabuster for advice....

House of Colour does sound promising, sounds like they really take care of you :)
    In will check them out and give them an "interview" :P

Any other suggestions appreciated!

Advertisement