Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on olive trees and trees for pots

Options
  • 22-05-2012 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hi
    I have an olive tree which I put in the ground from a pot about 4 years ago. It was doing really well, but winter before last, I had a bottle brush close to the olive tree. The bottle brush was killed by the frost and the side of the olive tree seems to be dead too. There are sparse shoots on the branches on the other side, but altogether it looks pretty sad. I think it's still alive as there are fresh new shoots sprouting from the bottom of the trunk - I just don't know what is the best thing to do. Cut branches all off in autumn or leave well alone?

Also does anyone have any advice on what type of trees would grow in a pot in a patio - partial shade. I have a reasonably large pot (50cm x 50cm) and would like to plant a tree, about 4m high, or less. Maybe a second olive tree?
    Thanks

Advertisement