Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Waders - any good

Options
  • 22-05-2012 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

My local Lidl is selling off waders at half price - €10. I am wondering are they worth a punt?

I am aware that breathability will be an issue

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, Muirean Bradley, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Melts Arab Strap, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, St. Vincent, John Grant, Iron & Wine x2, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Vampire Weekend, Fontaines DC, Amble

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

My local Lidl is selling off waders at half price - €10. I am wondering are they worth a punt?

I am aware that breathability will be an issue
    There's an old sayin buy cheap buy twice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

I've only used them once or twice. seem fine. and for a tenner you don't have much to lose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭baords dyslexic

Didn't have my size or I'd have bought a pair for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭realrebel

Didn't have my size or I'd have bought a pair for a tenner.

My buddy bought them for saltwater fishing just for standing in the waves and they leaked within 5 mins lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

mawk wrote: »
    I've only used them once or twice. seem fine. and for a tenner you don't have much to lose
    Well if ya do buy them u can post back and tell me how wet your feet got :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

I bought them & have used them 3 times without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

I had a pair and they were gift. Used them countless times until I ripped them on some barbed wire. Beauty was I didn't really care cause they were so cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭flounder

My uncle bought them last year, walked out into the river, ten minutes later he had to come back up on the bank and empty the water out of them:D
    he cut the wellies off the end so wasnt a total waste

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

I got a pair a few years ago and have used them a few times in fresh water and sea. No problems so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mitchaul

My missus bought a pair and uses them for a sieve when she's baking!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭mitchaul

Seriously though, they are only selling them off cheap because they are having a high failure rate with them. Save up and buy a cheap but perfectly good quality pair of daiwa boot foot waders for around 60 euro.

Advertisement