Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Used furniture dealers

Options
  • 22-05-2012 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

I'm getting rid of a 3-2-1 suite of leather furniture and I'm wondering are there any used furniture dealers in Sligo/County Sligo that might buy it & collect it? It is Italian leather and is 6 years old, originally costing €3500. So it would be nice to get some money back for it, while getting rid of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

There is an auction place in the market yard, sounds like the kinda place you arelooking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭emg74

Why don't you try www.donedeal.ie or we have had good success selling on "the dealer" - local ads paper for the west / northwest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭I Need The Sun

There is an auction place in the market yard, sounds like the kinda place you arelooking for.

Cheers MM, when are the auctions? Are they every week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

adverts.ie is also a good place to sell things

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Cheers MM, when are the auctions? Are they every week?

http://www.sligoauctions.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

In regards to the auctions, don't be expecting too much for the furniture. Have stuff in there at the moment, two suites of furniture that have done well over the years. Bit used mind you in comparison to how OP describes theirs, but the auctioneer said that suites were going for E70 - E120.

Considering OP cost E3500 just 6 years ago, I'd say you'd want a little more than that for the suite so it might be better going through donedeal or the dealer.

Back 4yrs ago he said you'd have got more, but because things are how they are at the moment, people aren't as easy to part with their money.

Hope that helps a little. On a plus note, the guy in their is dead on and a pleasure to deal with :).

• Registered Users Posts: 36 caseyjones01

Northwest Express has a good free classified section which should get you a good response. There are a lot of household items for sale in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭I Need The Sun

magnumlady wrote: »

Thanks, I note that the next auction, will be their last, shame, mustn't be working for them.

Advertisement