Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: Rebellion (Supremacy) for Windows 7

Options
  • 22-05-2012 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I used to play this game the whole time on windows xp. I have since lost the game and am now running windows 7.

Is there anywhere I can download the game and will it actually be compatible with 7?

Have 7 home, amd dual core with 4gb ram.

Thanks for help in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

God, this brings back some memories. I don't think you can actually buy it anywhere any more. I think I do have an .iso of it somewhere but I would have to root for it. I've never played it on Windows 7 but it worked on Vista so it should run under the compatibility mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

chrislad wrote: »
    God, this brings back some memories. I don't think you can actually buy it anywhere any more. I think I do have an .iso of it somewhere but I would have to root for it. I've never played it on Windows 7 but it worked on Vista so it should run under the compatibility mode.

Never managed to get it running on vista, would love to know if anyone gets it working on 7

• Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Yea I have a mad urge to play it again :D

If ya could dig it out I'd be forever in your debt :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Just run it in compatibility mode, works for me!

Lost days of my life to this game. So good.

Found it, but it won't even install as it's 16bit and not supported on Windows 7 64bit. I did find a work around but don't have time to check it now, will have a look tonight and let ye know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Found it, but it won't even install as it's 16bit and not supported on Windows 7 64bit. I did find a work around but don't have time to check it now, will have a look tonight and let ye know.

Sound mate, appreciate it. Have a massive urge to play this again :p

Got it working, you'll be glad to know. Had to do some registry stuff but it was fairly easy. The only thing is that the colours look washed out and the max resolution is 640 * 480. Might be an idea to see if there is a mod to out put in higher details or to run it in a window, if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

There was a fan made "expansion" for it which made loads more cards, did some balance and other things to the crappy space battle bits. I remember trying to get it to work a few years ago but couldn't manage it.

Would love a remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Archeotech

oh wow! What a great game ^^ Have an original copy of it under my TV

I know it's super old but has anyone ever found a game similar to it? Would so love a remake with the same basic idea but make the space battles better as they were probably the most disappointing part. Haven't seen the fan made expansion. Is it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Anyone know a good site to download this from, and will it work on a Sony Vaio laptop running Windows Vista?

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Ok, I managed to locate the original CD-ROM I had for Supremacy, installed it, was salivating waiting to play this monstrous game again.... and my computer won't let me!!! :(

This box pops up:

(I can't embed the image, but it has SUPREMACY.EXE - Unable to Locate Component in the title, a large X in a red circle on the side and the following text highlighting the problem: This application has failed to start because the d3drm.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.)

Re-installing didn't solve it. Does anyone know what I can do from here??!?!

Advertisement