Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most attractive person on any leaving cert syllabus?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Hahah was that the one where Gertrude went to drink the cup someone in the audience shouted 'no!' :L and when Hamlet won a round in the fencing match everyone cheered? :L can't remember if I saw it in the Tivoli or The Helix :p

I honestly cant remember... the version of hamlet we saw was mad... and tres modern... props including a phone, a gun, em there was this helicopter sound effect, the gravediggers had a nice lunchbox and volvic water too :L :rolleyes:
    @Togepi unforch isn't my hamlet :( i'll have to look up that supplement though ;) just as an off-hand piece of info, I know the teacher who wrote that supplement :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

@Togepi unforch isn't my hamlet :( i'll have to look up that supplement though ;) just as an off-hand piece of info, I know the teacher who wrote that supplement :)

Aw, missed out! :P Wow, very small world! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Hahah was that the one where Gertrude went to drink the cup someone in the audience shouted 'no!' :L and when Hamlet won a round in the fencing match everyone cheered? :L can't remember if I saw it in the Tivoli or The Helix :p

I honestly cant remember... the version of hamlet we saw was mad... and tres modern... props including a phone, a gun, em there was this helicopter sound effect, the gravediggers had a nice lunchbox and volvic water too :L :rolleyes:
    Nah different one so :pac: they really took the Edipus Complex (dunno if that's spelled right) to new extremes. When Hamlet embraced Gertrude he then proceeded to grind against her. Cue awkward laughs :pac: Horatio was also played by a woman to fuel the fire behind the rumour that Hamlet and Horatio were copping off with each other. 'Twas a strange production tbh :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Nah different one so :pac: they really took the Edipus Complex (dunno if that's spelled right) to new extremes. When Hamlet embraced Gertrude he then proceeded to grind against her. Cue awkward laughs :pac: Horatio was also played by a woman to fuel the fire behind the rumour that Hamlet and Horatio were copping off with each other. 'Twas a strange production tbh :p

That reminds me of a really bad film version we watched. Everyone was really touchy-feely, and at one stage Hamlet threw himself on the ground and started like, moving around in circles, for NO reason :L

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

OMG who is he? I know his face from something but cannot for the life of me remember who he is! >:O

He wrote An tEarrach Thiar :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I wish I watched this version of Hamlet with David Tenant.

hamlettennant460.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Patrice Lumumba, I like his hipster glasses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Togepi wrote: »
    Nope, 'twas in Galway! Might be the same guy though - tall, dark, handsome... :P Did an epic laugh in one scene too. :D He was on the cover of the Hamlet supplement that came with the Independant this year. :)

I was at the same one! He was the understudy, he had to read the script!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Nope, 'twas in Galway! Might be the same guy though - tall, dark, handsome... :P Did an epic laugh in one scene too. :D He was on the cover of the Hamlet supplement that came with the Independant this year. :)

I was at the same one! He was the understudy, he had to read the script!

I was at that one too! the original dude got stabbed the week before in the final scene! wish i was at that show!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

I was at that one in Galway too, with the guy with the script!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

He had to read the script?! :eek: I don't remember that! I probably saw it a year before all of ye though. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I was at this one! In the Tivoli Theatre or somewhere like that in Dublin? State of that play! It was awful! And he was dry-humping his Mother the whoole way through it! <_> It was hilarious though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

I was at this one! In the Tivoli Theatre or somewhere like that in Dublin? State of that play! It was awful! And he was dry-humping his Mother the whoole way through it! <_> It was hilarious though!
    Yeah was quite funny alright :pac: My class also hadn't even began Hamlet at that stage so none of us had a clue what was going on :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16 aineb100

He had to read the script?! :eek: I don't remember that! I probably saw it a year before all of ye though. :P

I think it was the same one, they brought in a fella that I had heard that had played hamlet the year before and had won an award for it.

I think in the one I went to see Laertes used to be in fair city

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭EducationFinder

How could I forget! Seeing as your pic didn't turn out to well I guess I'll fill in :DstalinDM2109_468x551.jpg

My parents named me after this god like creature

God-like? Are you an American sympathiser? Off to the gulags with you! :P

In other news, Plath was (according to Mr. Hughes) a real handful in the sack. lol. I think Heaney was pretty good looking in his day though, and Kinsella too.

forth-article-bw.jpg

Actually I take that back, Kinsella just looks like a scheming evil villain.

kinsella..jpg

Kinsella should be casted for a part in any movie as the villian, just by sitting there wow XD

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

How could I have forgotten to give my man Avogadro a shout out

8419-004-32E3EEAE.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

8419-004-32E3EEAE.jpg

Ride ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Spattersonox

Amedeo_avogadro2.jpg

Avogadra is a sexy piece. He is why I love the Gas chapter ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Spattersonox

8419-004-32E3EEAE.jpg

Dayummm, you beat me to him. Good taste ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

On the topic of chemistry, I've always thought of GJ Stoney as being a bit of an enigma. He just comes along, says "You know what you should call those particles? Electrons."

stoney.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

8419-004-32E3EEAE.jpg

He has a gas looking face, doesn't he? =P

Sorry, that was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

Namlub wrote: »
    Patrice Lumumba, I like his hipster glasses

Oh really? I see your Patrice, and raise you a Mobutu Sese Seko!

mobutu_leopardskin.jpg&w=200&h=266&ei=K4jCT_OqFYPPhAfn_5T7CQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=807&vpy=153&dur=332&hovh=212&hovw=160&tx=121&ty=101&sig=115892045791143140126&page=1&tbnh=160&tbnw=137&start=0&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0,i:74

Well that didn't work :(

rkeano5 wrote: »
    Oh really? I see your Patrice, and raise you a Mobutu Sese Seko!

Well that didn't work :(
    ot2nx5.jpg
    Bitch I'm fabulous

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Cosmic.Postman

Heisenberg...what an ubelievable hunk!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS0Id1yVI4R6W4oHI7SqPAsCvbZBTTtIwAmfBKhVexihQCyFjFm

How could I forget! Seeing as your pic didn't turn out to well I guess I'll fill in :DstalinDM2109_468x551.jpg

My parents named me after this god like creature

That is not the hot young Stalin pic!
    3r49i.jpg
    Unf

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

philip+larkin%5B1%5D.JPG

philly <3 them glasses though..

Advertisement