Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost my DS-2019 form

Options
  • 22-05-2012 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hi, been in the US about 8 months on a 12 month J visa and have moved house a few times and recently discovered I may have lost my DS-2019 form. I'm aware this is a very important document so not looking forward to having to replace it. I have recorded the numbers on the form but I assume I will still need to be issued a new one. Does anyone know what the procedure is for this?

Thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Larry White

DeadMoney wrote: »
    Hi, been in the US about 8 months on a 12 month J visa and have moved house a few times and recently discovered I may have lost my DS-2019 form. I'm aware this is a very important document so not looking forward to having to replace it. I have recorded the numbers on the form but I assume I will still need to be issued a new one. Does anyone know what the procedure is for this?

Thx

If you have all the details on it, have a job until the end of your visa and don't intend leaving the USA and re-entering you should be okay. I was only asked for it when starting work and re-entering the USA. It was never asked for when leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

You should contact your visa provider about this. I came over here with Intrax last year and lost my DS2019 (the Mexican border was not a fun place to realise this!). I emailed them, filled out a form, paid a small fee and had a new DS2019 within a week. This document is of HIGH importance. If you are ever stopped anywhere and asked for your papers, your visa alone is not good enough.

Also, it will be referenced for any future visas you apply for.

The visa companies issue replacements a lot, so it shouldn't be too big a deal for them, especially since you have all your numbers. That's definitely a help.

Advertisement