Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!!

Options
  • 22-05-2012 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Ok i ordered a motherboard and RAM (below)

Gigabyte S775 Intel G41 DDR3 mATX
    Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1333MHz DIMM 240-pin CL9

on Dabs.ie ... i got them today i put the motherboard and RAM into computer and turned it on ..everything is fine only my mouse and keyboard dont work, neither do any of the USB ports on the new mother board..

I checked out the manual and it said and i Quote " F_USB1/F_USB2 (USB 2.0/1.1 Headers)

The headers conform to USB 2.0/1.1 Spwcification . Each USB header can provide two ports via an optional USB bracket. For purchasing USB bracket, please contact the local dealer.

DO not plug the IEEE 1394 bracket cable into the USB HEADER"

I then went to PC world and was told that i need a certain piece of hardware so i bought a 3-port Firewire 5 port USB PCI Adapter Card.

put it into new motherboard nothin happens, put back in old motherboard installs drivers, puts new MB in nothing again.... IM lost here guys any help would be great.

PS, i am using an E systems computer not new but not old about 5 years if that's any difference

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Thomas Tubs

Sorry for Spamming but i have fixed my problem and if it can be done can i have this thread closed and deleted?

Advertisement