Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Got stopped by guards??????

Options
  • 22-05-2012 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

I was driving through ballymun and took a right into a one way street, didn't see the guards and they pulled me over and took my name address number and reg plate number. I was driving my mams car so will I be fined or what. Really don't want to be as I love driving and my parents will give out hell!!! Please help and where you ever in this situation ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Presumably they explained the situation to you? If they took all your details I'd expect something, but to be honest you're just going to have to wait and see really.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I was driving through ballymun and took a right into a one way street, didn't see the guards and they pulled me over and took my name address number and reg plate number. I was driving my mams car so will I be fined or what. Really don't want to be as I love driving and my parents will give out hell!!! Please help and where you ever in this situation ???

Was the car taxed?
    Are you insured to drive it?
    Is there a valid NCT cert on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Depends, are you learning to drive? Do you have a prov licence? An L on the car?
    Any driver would be fined driving the wrong way down a one-way street, unless the guards decide to let you off.
    Did they mention fine or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

kippy wrote: »
    Was the car taxed?

Did you have a Fully Licenced driver with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

kippy wrote: »
    Was the car taxed?
    Yes to all if the above and I'm a fully Licence driver with full licence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

biko wrote: »
    Depends, are you learning to drive? Do you have a prov licence? An L on the car?
    Any driver would be fined driving the wrong way down a one-way street, unless the guards decide to let you off.
    Did they mention fine or anything?

I'm have my full licence and they didn't say a word but took down my registration details and address and everything on my licence ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sounds like a fine in the mail but hey, maybe nothing will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

I'm have my full licence and they didn't say a word but took down my registration details and address and everything on my licence ?

Can't see anything coming of it.
    They would have issued you with a ticket for any offence there and then.

If I were you I wouldn't be worrying at all

Why is this Thread in the learning to drive section then?
    boards.ie > Rec > Motoring > Learning to Drive

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Not true.

OP, you'll probably get a fine in the post. Or you could get lucky...

• Advertisement

Not true.

OP, you'll probably get a fine in the post. Or you could get lucky...
    A few years back I got stopped for speeding. The Guard said he couldn't issue me with a ticket (cos he couldn't figure out how to work his new machine, kept me waiting 30 mins while he tried to.) I heard nothing.
    Around the same time, I was stopped for no road tax. Ticket issued at the roadside. Fine paid

celticbest wrote: »

Why is this Thread in the learning to drive section then?
    boards.ie > Rec > Motoring > Learning to Drive
    It's the Thread Guards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Where exactly in ballymun? I am not fam with the one way street you talk about

It's the Thread Guards!!

:confused: Well it's a bit stupid to put a thread in a forum that isn't relevant..............

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

A few years back I got stopped for speeding. The Guard said he couldn't issue me with a ticket (cos he couldn't figure out how to work his new machine, kept me waiting 30 mins while he tried to.) I heard nothing.
    Around the same time, I was stopped for no road tax. Ticket issued at the roadside. Fine paid

I've been stopped, never given a ticket and I've still gotten a fine...

celticbest wrote: »
    :confused: Well it's a bit stupid to put a thread in a forum that isn't relevant..............

It was a joke! 2 Mods have replied on the thread so presumably they are happy enough with it

It was a joke! 2 Mods have replied on the thread so presumably they are happy enough with it

Still its in the wrong thread though.........;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I posted before seeing the OP had a full license.

If the OP wants me to move it, or discuss this further they can PM me. I think they have all the info they need.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement