Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dim Sum Food

Options
  • 22-05-2012 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Does anyone know where to get good dim sum food in Dublin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Love Dim Sum, I think there is a place in Dublin my mates father goes to one in Dublin I think if I see him I'll ask and put info up here. If you ever get to Hong Kong go here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/foodandwineholidays/7145607/Tim-Ho-Wan-restaurant-Hong-Kong-the-hottest-meal-ticket-in-town.html stunning is not the word, went there last year with a mate so cheap no need to spend more than €10 each and the BBQ pork buns are seriously good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 yingkit

Thanks for this. I'll have a look now.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Ming Court in Blanchardstown does the best dim sum in Dublin in my opinion.
    My second choice would be the New Millennium next to the Gaeity.
    Third would be the Imperial Restaurant on Wicklow St.

Thanks Mrs Fox. I'll give these a try.

I do wish someone would do the cart style dim sum. I'm sure there's plenty of demand for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    I do wish someone would do the cart style dim sum. I'm sure there's plenty of demand for it.

If they did I would eventually explode. Went to a cart place in Boston, was like a kid in a sweet shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

been looking for a decent dim sum place in dublin for some time, theyre few and far between!

the newest yamamori on georges st (nearly opposite the older one) izakaya i think its called, has a decent bit of dim sum and sushi on their menu. I went there shortly after it opened and wasnt too impressed but that was before they did dim sum and sushi so may give it a second chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Personally I wouldnt go to Ming Court as they are still serving Shark Fin soup which I disagree with.

Theres a place on South Great Georges stree, cant think of the name now, but I've walked past plenty of times and you can see them in the window making the dim sum, its interesting to watch their teachnique. Ive never actually eaten there though.

I tend to make my own dumplings.

Theres a place on South Great Georges stree, cant think of the name now, but I've walked past plenty of times and you can see them in the window making the dim sum, its interesting to watch their teachnique. Ive never actually eaten there though.

Is it the Good World restaurant? I've tried it once but I didn't notice a window where you can see them making dim sum though? It was ok, I still prefer the places mentioned above.

been looking for a decent dim sum place in dublin for some time, theyre few and far between!

the newest yamamori on georges st (nearly opposite the older one) izakaya i think its called, has a decent bit of dim sum and sushi on their menu. I went there shortly after it opened and wasnt too impressed but that was before they did dim sum and sushi so may give it a second chance!

I actually tried this place about a month ago thinking it was a dim sum restaurant, when in fact there were only approx 5-6 dishes that we truly dim sum. Plus the standard of food was only ok/good.

• Advertisement

I only ever saw carts being used in the movies. `how does it work? Do they just bring out whatever dim sum is ready or is it a piece of everything?
    I think its a great idea but I would personally probably overindulge

• Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

yingkit wrote: »
    I only ever saw carts being used in the movies. `how does it work? Do they just bring out whatever dim sum is ready or is it a piece of everything?
    I think its a great idea but I would personally probably overindulge
    I went for yum cha for a work lunch and they brought out the dim sum on the carts.
    In general is what ever is ready, and there might be a few similar things on the one cart that were cooked together. The more popular things might be repeatedly appearing

Mellor wrote: »
    I went for yum cha for a work lunch and they brought out the dim sum on the carts.
    In general is what ever is ready, and there might be a few similar things on the one cart that were cooked together. The more popular things might be repeatedly appearing

Hi Mellor,

Is there a yum cha in Dublin? I tried to google it and nothing came back. Thanks

I thought the term yum cha means to have tea with dim sum?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

yingkit wrote: »
    Hi Mellor,

Is there a yum cha in Dublin? I tried to google it and nothing came back. Thanks
    I'm not sure, I live in Oz. There's plenty is Sydney's Chinatown
    I thought the term yum cha means to have tea with dim sum?
    Yum cha literally means to drink tea, but its also the name of the meal where the food is brought around on carts (with or without tea). Like the way some people refer to an evening meal as their "tea".

Advertisement