Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel took unauthorised payment from laser

Options
  • 22-05-2012 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I know hotels are able to charge your laser if you dont show up but here is the situation and I think we should be refunded just looking for some advice.

The hotel we booked into has a nightclub as part of it and the door into the hotel is also the door into the nightclub. We had no intention of going to nightclub we just booked into hotel as it was a cheaper rate then any around it.

My boyfriend had been told the previous week at the nightclub "not tonight" and he did have an issue with the bouncers which was purely alcohol related.

Last night neither of us had anything to drink. On booking the room my boyfriend explained we wouldnt be arriving until after 12 - we had something to do early today and literally just wanted somewhere to sleep.

On arriving at the hotel my boyfriend was told he was not allowed on the premises and this included to stay in hotel. It was after 12 and we obviously had nowhere else to stay. I tried to reason with the bouncer explaining we werent attending the nightclub and my boyfriend hadnt been drinking and could we please just have access to the room we prebooked as we had nowhere else to go. He said no.

With this we contacted the hotel asking was there anything they could do and we were told unfortunately there was not. My boyfriend had previously given his laser details and he said well since you are not letting us stay I presume my laser will not be charged. He was assured it would not and so we stayed in a different hotel(at a much higher price).

Today we went down to the original hotel to double check card had not been charged to discover it had been. We were told by the manager the person answering the phone was not a receptionist that they dont have anyone on reception at night. He also said it was our fault as my boyfriend had been too drunk the previous week however nowhere on the hotels website does it say if you are barred from the nightclub you cant stay in the hotel and even apart from this he thought as they said not tonight it was just because he was too drunk that night but didnt realise he was barred.

They have refused to refund the money, is this legal?

Comments

Advertisement