Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Door to Door Survey

Options
  • 22-05-2012 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Had a lady at the door wanting to do a survey, government related, to do with the census, employment etc, I declined.

Got the feeling it was going to go the lines of, Household tax, have you reg'd, have you paid?
    How do you intend to vote on the 31th?

Anyone else had them at the door yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Did she have any ID? They census was taken last year I can't see why they would be asking questions related to it now.

She may have been from a political party carrying out a poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Yes she had ID and sure she was not from a party.

To be honest I don't entertain these types, and couldn't wait for her to finish her speal to tell Her to go away, but I'm following a Dublin 15 thread, where someone had something similar only they went further question wise, When are you home? How long would you be out for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Think it turns out to be this, NTA Household survey.

Still dodgy info to be giving out to a cold call, "I'm out of my house 8-6 Mon-Fri"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

nudger wrote: »
    Think it turns out to be this, NTA Household survey.

Still dodgy info to be giving out to a cold call, "I'm out of my house 8-6 Mon-Fri"

They've kept that very quiet, first I've heard of it. Wouldn't it have made sense to include this questions in the census.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 A Hickey

Hi All,
    I'm the Field Manager in Millward Brown Lansdowne and would like to assure you that this survey is bona fide. The survey is being commissioned by the National Transport Authority and the main purpose is to understand travel patterns to plan for future transport needs. Details relating to the survey are available on the NTA website
    http://www.nationaltransport.ie/planning-policy/data-analysis/modelling/surveys-2/the-household-travel-survey/

If you have any further concerns please feel free to contact me on 1800302800 free phone or 012974618
    Ailis Hickey

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

its the CSO study. not one question in relation to the household tax was asked ;)

http://www.cso.ie/en/studentscorner/labourmarket/whatistheqnhs/
    What is the Quarterly National Household Survey?

The Quarterly National Household Survey (QNHS) began in September 1997, replacing the annual April Labour Force Survey (LFS). The primary purpose of the survey is the production of quarterly labour force estimates, which includes information on employment, unemployment, occupations, regional and age group data etc. The QNHS also produces reports on special social topics (eg, Crime and Victimisation, Housing, Recycling, Travel to Work, Health).

Information is published quarterly, normally between two and a half to three months after the reference period. Data is also held on the CSO Data Dissemination Service and also published in the CSO's Statistical Yearbook.

The QNHS is extensively used by universities and economists as well as having a large influence in policy making decision at both national and international level. Click to view a copy of the latest Quarterly National Household Survey document (PDF 202KB)

I wasnt asked any questions about travel etc, only work, job title and shift work, colleg degree, salary range etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I got asked one about tourism, but was via post - also CSO

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭RaoulDukeHST

Hi, having the same pestering myself. What information do they ask for - do they ask for name, pps number etc? Is one leagally obliged to participate?

Advertisement