Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should I remove shoulder pads from blazer?

• 22-05-2012 6:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭

I bought a really lovely blazer in Zara last week that I loved in store but when I got home I and tried it on properly I realised I wasn’t mad about the shoulder pads in it. I’m not broad shouldered but I just think it would look nicer without the pads. I’m pretty sure I could remove them (they seem to be stitched in 2 places) but I’m afraid if I do it will wreak the shape of the blazer. This isn’t the exact one but it’s pretty similar:

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/ie/en/zara-S2012/189502/695052/TWILL%2BBLAZER

Mine is shorter, the sleeves are slightly longer than 3 quarter length and it’s a bit more casual. Do you think it would be a bad idea to remove them?

Comments

I think removing the pads would significantly change the blazer, most likely in a bad way.

Have you considered removing them, making them smaller, and then reattaching them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

I think removing the pads would significantly change the blazer, most likely in a bad way.

Have you considered removing them, making them smaller, and then reattaching them?

Yeah that's what I'm worried about, maybe making them smaller is a better option at least that way it would keep its structure. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

ClubDead wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I'm worried about, maybe making them smaller is a better option at least that way it would keep its structure. Cheers

Take it to a shop such as Hickeys and ask their advise. They might be able to tell you if you could trim the shoulder your self or if buying smaller ones would be better.

Advertisement