Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official After Hours Eurovision Final MegaThread [Sweden Wins]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Anyone in the mood for a bit of Euro Trolling on Saturday night?

If so vote Greece as many times as possible (I think the limit is 20). I'm going to spread the word out across the continent over the coming days.

You're a bit of an evil genius... I do like you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

If so vote Greece as many times as possible (I think the limit is 20). I'm going to spread the word out across the continent over the coming days.

Quite like the idea of that:D

Poor buggers could do with a bit of a hoolie over there:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

jluv wrote: »
    When you think about it they had to leave them till last."Golden Ticket". Who else would have done cartwheels down the runway? I think they are annoying but appreciate anyone who can make a sucess out of it:D

Yeah, imagine the grannies getting the golden ticket..... by the time they all got off the stage the credits would be rolling. No fun.

We shoulda known that Jedward would be last through :D

Looking forward to the final. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,589 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

mishkalucy wrote: »
    Quite like the idea of that:D

Poor buggers could do with a bit of a hoolie over there:p

Do you want to drive them over the edge altogether next year by having to host the bloody thing??? :eek:

And take the rest of us with them??? :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Do you want to drive them over the edge altogether next year by having to host the bloody thing??? :eek:

And take the rest of us with them??? :eek::eek::eek:

Sorry state of affairs when the Eurovision can bring down the whole shaggin thing isnt it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Greek Win = Bankruptsy = Kicked out of the Eurozone.

Mmmmmmmmmm

I am delighted they're through, they are just brill, I know people don't like them cos they're too hyper and give the impression they're as thick as shite (they really aren't, but it makes em a fortune), but they are DEADLY!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Tym

I like them and the Eurovision.

It's nice, with all the **** going on, we can bond together and glory in each other's unique craziness:D

(I noticed a spelling mistake before posting which I mixed up the d with an e in bond:eek:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I'm gonna ruin all my street cred now (:pac:) but I f'ckin love Eurovision. Not so much for the music, but because I find the whole thing pretty hilarious :D. Nothing else like it!

Loved the Russian grannies, liked Switzerland and Denmark, was just a bit frightened by Albania (is she a banshee?!) and I want some of whatever Montenegro were on :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Double or quits ? :D

double, ive a funny feeling they will do very well

• Advertisement

I'm gonna ruin all my street cred now (:pac:) but I f'ckin love Eurovision. Not so much for the music, but because I find the whole thing pretty hilarious :D. Nothing else like it!

Loved the Russian grannies, liked Switzerland and Denmark, was just a bit frightened by Albania (is she a banshee?!) and I want some of whatever Montenegro were on :P

The albanian chick is a very strange woman altogether, kinda a mixture of Kire Tekanawa and Bjork! Scary outfit too, wtf was she wearing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

RachaelVO wrote: »
    The albanian chick is a very strange woman altogether, kinda a mixture of Kire Tekanawa and Bjork! Scary outfit too, wtf was she wearing?

Reminds me of a fairy-tale villain (or a pantomime one?). Her dreadlock thing looked like a snake... She has a good voice, in fairness, but that was a weird perfomance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

Woohooooooooooooooo love them. Bet they will win for Ireland this year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Woohooooooooooooooo love them. Bet they will win for Ireland this year :)

No they won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

Jedward are retatded!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Jedward are retatded!

fail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Can anyone think of what that song is a rip off? It's doing my head in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Jedward are retatded!

And yet Europe has voted to send them to the finals, twice...:rolleyes:
    (I'm no fan, just surprised)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Final Draw
    1. United Kingdom
    2. Hungary
    3. Albania
    6. Russia
    7. Iceland
    8. Cyprus
    9. France
    10. Italy
    13. Azerbaijan
    14. Romania
    15. Denmark
    16. Greece
    19. Spain
    20. Germany
    23. IRELAND
    26. Moldova

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

great draw 23

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

Jedward are retatded!

fail

There so retarded, they have to be called retatded ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

Well, it reminds me a lot of Crazy by Seal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Well i love eurovision and i think jedward rock so tough titty :-)

my young nieces love them, and theres worse people for a six and a nine year old to follow. Their songs are about being happy and having fun, and they publically do not drink or smoke etc ... Compared to all the bikini wearing , gyrating in their videos, drinking smoking and druggn pics in the papers that most apparant "role models" do today.

*waves her jedward flag*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Well done jedward, I missed it, were they good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Instantly forgettable song by Jedward. Some hilarious (unintentionally) stuff, some goodish ethnic-flavoured Europop (e.g. Greece and Russia), a Bjork wannabe (Albania) and just plain awful shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Rabbitandcavy

''JEDWARD'' was the most talked about topic world wide on Twitter for awhile, ''CongratulationsJedward'' was the second most talked about topic when they got through. Even the Russian Grannies weren't at the top. Hopefully this means we'll at least make the top ten. I have a feeling since Jedward have gained a lot of fans around Europe over the last year, they'll be in the top 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

And yet Europe has voted to send them to the finals, twice...:rolleyes:
    (I'm no fan, just surprised)

I'd say the demographic that likes Jedward are the same demographic that would text vote to a song competition and accordingly I'm not surprised.

Once the politcal voting rubbish starts in the real thing they won't have a hope.

Forced to watch the qualifiers there it's shocking how many of the singers can hardly hold a note.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Ah, you went for the double fail.

The boys are having a laugh, they're not doing anyone any harm. No need to call them names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

hondasam wrote: »
    Well done jedward, I missed it, were they good?

They were basically the same as every other time they were on stage.
    They jumped around a bit in tinfoil costumes and did cartwheels when they qualified. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ahava

Possibly "Crazy" by Alanis Morisette

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

Jedward were always going to qualify, everyone in Europe knows them at this stage and most probably voted for them and would even have voted for them if they had sung the Irish national anthem in Greek.

That's why they were left with the 'golden ticket'. Pure television! They knew they'd get a reaction from them.

I could see them winning this time.

They still can't sing though.

The fashion of rabidly defending Jedward because "they're just having a bit of craic" and are Irish (their headwrecking accents certainly don't sound it) is extremely boring by now. Some people think they're awful, get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I.. did watch the results; right before Ladyboys didn't get the 'win' I wanted but least they got pissed on n fell flat, teh hair pair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Dudess wrote: »
    The fashion of rabidly defending Jedward because "they're just having a bit of craic" and are Irish (their headwrecking accents certainly don't sound it) is extremely boring by now. Some people think they're awful, get over it.

Party pooper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Ahava wrote: »
    Possibly "Crazy" by Alanis Morisette

Now now, it was written by Seal

:D

• Advertisement

In fairness I don't utterly despise them or wish them harm, but their music has no redeemable qualities IMO - yeah it's fun and whatever but I personally have to like the tune, and this is just beyond bland IMO. They're also really annoying and weird IMO, even if kinda sweet and innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

have to say well done to John and Edward (together they are... JEDWARD) I liked their song from last year more, but wish them well... and the crazy cartwheels was just funny, though as another poster said: they were presented last to get that reaction. I liked the romanian song - its a typical spanish "cancion de verano" (summer song) and the girl that presented the finalists, in the red dress mmmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I only seen Jedward's performance so can't say how I think they will do. But, I think last years song was better. It was much catchier than this years. Hopefully they do well, but I'll be very surprised if they win, or even finish in the top five.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

the real question is...were any of the hosts or acts good looking lasses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

nice_very wrote: »
    and the crazy cartwheels was just funny, though as another poster said: they were presented last to get that reaction.

noooo don't spoil for the eurovision fans it was "completely random". Marty Whelan insists.. just like insisted he wouldn't chat up yer daughter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yeah, the presenter in the black dress was hot. Sexy accent she had as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Im thinking of doing a eurovision party....:pac:

Delighted to see the lads getting through.
    The eurovision is a pile of shiite and theyre two knobs, but theyre not the worst n the world n fairness to them.

The song is crap though. It never really gets going or something.

In fairness I don't utterly despise them or wish them harm, but their music has no redeemable qualities IMO - yeah it's fun and whatever but I personally have to like the tune, and this is just beyond bland IMO. They're also really annoying and weird IMO, even if kinda sweet and innocent.

Of course there are people who are going to hate their music, if that's what you can even call it, but calling a couple of harmless young fellas who are just having a laugh and "living the dream", retards and other such names, is utterly pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭crusher000

Did the russian grannies get into the final ? Best song by far I can imagine being at a wedding and the DJ plays the tune party time. Get out of my way I'm hitting the dance floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Fail, twice. :pac:

There's a word for that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

crusher000 wrote: »
    Did the russian grannies get into the final ? Best song by far I can imagine being at a wedding and the DJ plays the tune party time. Get out of my way I'm hitting the dance floor.

Yep, them and their bread got through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

crusher000 wrote: »

Yes. I think they'll win. :D The wife (and Stephen Fry) thought that they all fitted inside each other.

There were some real hotties there last night, but none hotter than the русский бабушки.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

Think the backing singers help them a lot they include Leeanne Moore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭tigger123

If ya don't like it, don't watch it ... cranky! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement