Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official After Hours Eurovision Final MegaThread [Sweden Wins]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

i hate the eurovision.

awful music, awful tv presenters, awful waste of tax payer's money when we could be using it to keep hospital wards open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭dmcronin

Would Jedward be so big if there was only one of them?
    Is it the twin slightly freakshow thing that's setting them apart?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

dmcronin wrote: »

Yes, def think the twin thing is a novelty...ah sure look as long as they're happy, they make me smile :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I'm actually delighted for the lads that they got through. They're entertaining to watch.

I don't honestly understand why people would begrudge two young lads the chance to do something they clearly love and represent their country while doing it.

Have we really become so bitter and cynical in this country that we cannot allow ourselves to loosen up and enjoy a bit of entertainment?

Who cares what they sound like...some of musics biggest icons hadn't a note between them eg Bob Dylan, David Bowie.

I really think people need to lighten up and stop taking Jedward and the Eurovision so seriously...it's just a bit of fun and god knows this country could do with enjoying itself and smiling for once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

dmcronin wrote: »

No! They would be exactly* half as big.

*Well, not exactly half.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 92 ✭✭missyb

I'm actually delighted for the lads that they got through. They're entertaining to watch.

I don't honestly understand why people would begrudge two young lads the chance to do something they clearly love and represent their country while doing it.

Have we really become so bitter and cynical in this country that we cannot allow ourselves to loosen up and enjoy a bit of entertainment?

Who cares what they sound like...some of musics biggest icons hadn't a note between them eg Bob Dylan, David Bowie.

I really think people need to lighten up and stop taking Jedward and the Eurovision so seriously...it's just a bit of fun and god knows this country could do with enjoying itself and smiling for once.

Really agree with this, I cant believe people worry about being embarrassed at the bloody eurovision, are we that insecure?!Eurovision has always been a bit mental, thats why its great fun, its only entertainment, C'mon Jedward, the madder the better!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Audrey take that back,You can't say that about Bob Dylan. Bowie ya I don't like him.

Jedward are great, making the most of what they have for the little time it will last, good luck to them. They are harmless tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I said last year, it was an okay song but that the cheorographer needed to be taken out and shot. I see this hasn't happened.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭veryangryman

hondasam wrote: »

Audrey take that back,You can't say that about Bob Dylan. Bowie ya I don't like him.

Jedward are great, making the most of what they have for the little time it will last, good luck to them. They are harmless tbh.
    Noticing that anyone remotely complimentary of j is a female. But on the plus side this is probably the best ratio us dudes are ever gonna get in ah.

The pleasure pain theory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Noticing that anyone remotely complimentary of j is a female. But on the plus side this is probably the best ratio us dudes are ever gonna get in ah.

The pleasure pain theory

Male here. Jedward are great! Why? Because they're making money. Good money. And they keep some people happy at the same time.

They can't sing. So what? Johnny Cash had a flat, toneless, unmusical voice. Bob Geldof had a horrible voice. Bowie, urgh. Shane MacGowan? Jesus. The list is endless.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Male here. Jedward are great! Why? Because they're making money. Good money. And they keep some people happy at the same time.

They can't sing. So what? Johnny Cash had a flat, toneless, unmusical voice. Bob Geldof had a horrible voice. Bowie, urgh. Shane MacGowan? Jesus. The list is endless.

They keep pre teen girls and Marty Whelan happy yes, and they do make decent money in the entertainment industry.

Those other names you mentioned are respected members of the 'music' industry ( with the exception of Geldof perhaps). Different discipline altogether you can't compare the two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

They are more than willing to go out there and make complete and utter fools of themselves in an attempt to entertain people. They deserve any success they get imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,681 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

What are they going to do in a few years time when they are in their mid 20's and are supposed to act like grown men. Although wait, they are grown men now but I suppose the fact that they look about 15 helps them to carry off jumping around the place and talking rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

A group of (I assume) over 18's earnestly discussing the relative musical merits of Jedward's Eurovision entries over the past two years?

Is this some sort of in-joke or what?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

Jedward had their chance last year, they were talentless then and they are talentless now. Also, they are adults and should ****ing act like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Pace2008 wrote: »
    A group of (I assume) over 18's earnestly discussing the relative musical merits of Jedward's Eurovision entries over the past two years?

Is this some sort of in-joke or what?

but they're basically Bart simpson x2, that's gotta be irresistable don't you know of the majority group that inhabit here?! adults that still believe in fr xmas

Nothing to do with music, obviously.. Jedward are basically the embodiment of the freedom to be children forever. The embodiment of an american vision of democracy, obviously.. very appealing to kids emselves that may never grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

An optimistic song from Lithuania's finest back in 2006

It came a respectable 6th...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

darragh16 wrote: »
    [vid]

I remember that one! A bit cocky on their part but it was stuck in my head for weeks afterwards.

Yer man's dance moves from 1:36-1:50 are rather, eh, unique, to say the least :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dechecho

Pherekydes wrote: »

But they can sing - when they keep still:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnK8AyEgipw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

I remember that one! A bit cocky on their part but it was stuck in my head for weeks afterwards.

Yer man's dance moves from 1:36-1:50 are rather, eh, unique, to say the least :pac:

He looks like he's done a few too many pills!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

not sure if it was posted yet, but the swipe guys done a eurovision episode !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ian Dempsey, a presenter I like, referred to anyone who dislikes Jedward this morning as a "music snob" - an example of merely disliking an act being enough to constitute "music snob". Awful silliness.

Or... people think they're crap? Why is there a problem with them saying it? Are "we" so terrified of appearing begrudging "we" don't tolerate a negative voice? Not begrudging them anyway - they can do what they like, but they are annoying.

Eurovision.. is notoriously intertwined with politics and regionally biased votes ahead of any 'song' anyways. and shows just how little jedwards more yankee than yanks emselves persona has to do with Ireland let alone Europe speaks volumes about us cos if that's our euro vision we are bigger tools than I realized

Most nation's representatives give a veritable V-sign, only to stick their tongue through it n pretend theyre just fitting in with the modern pop climate of raunch but we really do actually want to come first :/

Predetermined fabricated 'drama' for us naive Irish last night in "just about making it!!" though it's well known to come last is to really come first in this joke, that's only ever seemingly on us cos nobody really wants to be lumped with this white elephant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

darragh16 wrote: »

Im loved that one. I like the ones that take the wee wee!
    Personally i thought we should have just kept sending Dustin til they either got the joke or til we bludgeoned 'em into submission.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Dudess wrote: »
    Ian Dempsey, a presenter I like, referred to anyone who dislikes Jedward this morning as a "music snob" - an example of merely disliking an act being enough to constitute "music snob". Awful silliness.

Or... people think they're crap? Why is there a problem with them saying it? Are "we" so terrified of appearing begrudging "we" don't tolerate a negative voice? Not begrudging them anyway - they can do what they like, but they are annoying.
    I agree and disagree. I cant say i like jedward but i certainly dont dislike them. As a 'music' act they dont even register with me. They are simply Jedward being Jedward. Utterly harmless, mildly amusing and a little like an ugly kitten you dont have the heart to stomp on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Oh it's on again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Swatting a fly...

Tumbleweed just went by

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Jesus the girl in the one piece...

• Advertisement

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Jesus the girl in the one piece...

Fr. Dougal !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Jesus the girl in the one piece onesie...

Heh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Why is the russian dude who won it years ago on again?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

That fairytale song was good. I love Eurovision!

Still seeing tumbleweeds and now my thread has been closed :( and the Offy is closed :(:(

well I voted for Swedens entry tonight, the guel was enticing and the words were positive.

and the music was authentic europap - Macedonia FTFW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It's not the fact most people who hate Jedward think they are music snobs, it's that they have no soul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

What time are Jedward performing at? I was just thinking that most of their core audience will be in bed by 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

So we getting comfy yet?
    Wattle wrote: »
    What time are Jedward performing at? I was just thinking that most of their core audience will be in bed by 7.

They are No. 23 if that narrows it down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Has it started yet? I'm not at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

It's starting at 8.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,589 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Are we listening to Marty-bore-you-to-death, or Graham Norton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Why is it on RTE1 tonight? That means no HD :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Might switch between the beeb and rte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Are we listening to Marty-bore-you-to-death, or Graham Norton?

Neither are great tbh. I miss Wogan.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Baku looks nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Ah Baku. Officially the filthiest city in the world. You wouldn't think it by looking at the shots from the arena.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Engelbert Hinkydonk is on first I think

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Impressive...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,589 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

mishkalucy wrote: »
    Engelbert Hinkydonk is on first I think
    Yep. I've got quite fond of the song, despite myself. Never actually seen him, looking forward after all I've heard of permatans and hair-dyeing of mammoth proportions....

• Advertisement
Advertisement