Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official After Hours Eurovision Final MegaThread [Sweden Wins]

1232425262729»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

Well, it just goes to show that whining about political voting makes no sense when Sweden won and Denmark and Norway did shyte :D They won for a reason, so good on em!

Well done Sweden, good song - no doubt! and apparently the lead singer was outspoken about those who lost their homes, in order to host the competition and human rights so that's pretty cool..she wasn't silent about it.

Well done Sweden.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭dublin_daveyboy

I agree with you,im just saying tonight's performance was'nt good and it didn't do themselfs justice,i was actually rooting for jedward,and tonight was the first time i heard the song complete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Haha Jedward you pair of retards!

Can we actually send someone decent next time?

I always want us to do well no matter who represents us. We will not win Eurovision again no matter who we send.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

hondasam wrote: »
    I always want us to do well no matter who represents us. We will not win Eurovision again no matter who we send.

It's nice to see the country succeed at something, Eurovision certainly isn't on the cards but what the heck there's always next year to cheer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Okay, have heard a lot of bitching about Jedward, listen they are young guys trying to make a name for themselves, they don't go around with tits out or falling out of nightclubs etc... let them have there time in the limelight, how many here would actually refuse to go to the euro vision at there age? I say fair f*cks to them! :)

nice to see begrudgery alive and well in Ireland :rolleyes:

Trying to make a name for themselves? Their target audience is teenagers, they are not serious preformers. They have made money but they won't have a long term career and they are a novelty act. They just annoy the hell out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

"Our revenge will be the laughter of our football fans".

IrishAm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

It's not the winning it's the taking part. And the taking part is the sitting at home, listening to the cheesiest music known to man, boozing it up and complaining and laughing at it all.

Doog tiems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Trying to make a name for themselves? Their target audience is teenagers, they are not serious preformers. They have made money but they won't have a long term career and they are a novelty act. They just annoy the hell out of me.

Two somewhat strange young fellas, but they seem fairly content and they are financially secure for their foreseeable future.

Fair play to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

With louis walsh behind them anything is possible, I mean anything :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

If we can get Johnny Logan back in, it's ours for the taking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Okay, have heard a lot of bitching about Jedward, listen they are young guys trying to make a name for themselves, they don't go around with tits out or falling out of nightclubs etc... let them have there time in the limelight, how many here would actually refuse to go to the euro vision at there age? I say fair f*cks to them! :)

nice to see begrudgery alive and well in Ireland :rolleyes:
    What on earth is begrudgery about saying their performance was poor and they didn't deserve to win? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,680 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

We're bust, we don't want it, it's just noone will admit it.

It's nice to see the country succeed at something, Eurovision certainly isn't on the cards but what the heck there's always next year to cheer :)

We still hold the record for the most wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I can still remember the songs from last year and some from previous years. Though by tomorrow I have forgotten tonights ones!

Graham Norton was right Greece wouldn't win!

He is a big star now, don't think he would do it. Has he a son or daughter that could enter for us?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭_petulia_

I'm glad Sweden won, I thought it was the best song.

Jedward were never going to win it but they still did ok.

He is a big star now

Yeah - he's flat out doing McDonalds ads
    ad

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

He is a big star now, don't think he would do it. Has he a son or daughter that could enter for us?

Logan big star?:confused: Maybe in Belgium 25 years ago.

We still hold the record for the most wins.

Doesn't help with a future win, would like to see it happen but judging on what's been sent when voted by the public or picked privately it just doesn't seem to work.

I was joking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

jesus, after spending the best part of 40 years building up a reputation and all of a sudden, you're cast out to the eurovision void! Ingelbert humphrisumting...my thoughts are with you!

Am I the only one who thought - previous to this Eurovision - that Ingelbert was dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

Am I the only one who thought - previous to this Eurovision - that Ingelbert was dead?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

I always (and I'm not being smart) but I thought just because Germany couldn't take Europe over by force they decided that financially they could dominate us and then came eurovision...Angela Merckel...I say to you! not this time!...you can sing the same tune....we shall not be quiet, we shall not die a death...EVER!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Mr Magners wrote: »
    Winning song is class, pity it'll never get heard again outside of Sweden!
    You'll never hear the Swedish version ever again.

Expect an English translation with lyrics that weren't quite what you thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Poor old Engelbert, only coming second last. Great name though...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ahal

He's quite popular in Germany, and has been since his Eurovision success at both ends of the '80's, among other places.

I don't care if it sounds naff to say this, but the guy has bucketloads of talent. I once heard him sing the Lighthouse Family number 'lifted' and making a decent job of it: just his voice, nothing propping him up.

Great name though...

As an adult sure, as a kid doubtful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

Here are the lyrics to the song. Brilliant song!
    http://www.swedeneuphoria.com

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

High Art of course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Actually, it's spelled Engelbert and yes, he's been dead since 1921 and shows no signs of recovering. However, his works - especially his opera Hänsel und Gretel - are still performed fairly regularly. :)

I believe there's a half-English, half-Indian geriatric pop singer, real name Arnold George Dorsey, who also calls himself Engelbert Humperdinck and is only slightly less dead. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    Actually, it's spelled Engelbert and yes, he's been dead since 1921 and shows no signs of recovering. However, his works - especially his opera Hänsel und Gretel - are still performed fairly regularly. :)

I believe there's a half-English, half-Indian geriatric pop singer, real name Arnold George Dorsey, who also calls himself Engelbert Humperdinck and is only slightly less dead. :rolleyes:

Top marks for this and double if you didn't do a google search:).

(I must admit that I thought he died before 1921 but I'll bow to your superior knowledge).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Glad to see that sweden won it considering this
    Loreen met local human rights activists, the only 2012 Eurovision entrant to do so. She later told reporters, "Human rights are violated in Azerbaijan every day. One should not be silent about such things."[6] An Azerbaijan government spokesman criticized her in response, saying that the contest should not "be politicised"[6] and requested the EBU prevent such meetings.[7] Swedish diplomats replied that the EBU, Swedish TV and Loreen had not acted against the competition's rules.[8]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loreen_(singer)#Meeting_with_political_activists

Advertisement