Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: Can I still apply for a IEC work visa if I have unpaid bills in Canada?

Options
  • 22-05-2012 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I was living in Ottawa 2010-2011 and had an accident and ended up in a hospital with a broken arm running up a bill of €800. This happened 2 nights before I moved home.When I returned home, I kept saying I must get my insurance to pay it but forgot. To cut my story short, that was over a year ago and now I want to go back again. Just wondering if this will come against me with immergration when I get over? And before anyone says anything, I genuinely did forget.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

I left here with an unpaid cell phone bill in 2010 that came to around 300 dollars, came back in 2011 and had to pay it as it ruined my credit score

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

dave98 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I was living in Ottawa 2010-2011 and had an accident and ended up in a hospital with a broken arm running up a bill of €800. This happened 2 nights before I moved home.When I returned home, I kept saying I must get my insurance to pay it but forgot. To cut my story short, that was over a year ago and now I want to go back again. Just wondering if this will come against me with immergration when I get over? And before anyone says anything, I genuinely did forget.

I can't immagine you having a problem getting to Canada because of it. But your credit rating will be poor. So don't expect to have an easy time setting up a phone contract, broadband, ect.

Advertisement