Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newstalk on Donegal

Options
  • 22-05-2012 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭

Caught Yer man Fionn Davenport on the Right Hook on Newstalk just now, he couldn't say enough good things about Donegal (except LK) link above to listen.. (not up online just yet tho)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

Yeah, heard it. You couldn't have bought advertising like that for our county. He was positively raving about the place.

George was astounded that people would go that far north for a holiday. He had to ask Fionn for directions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

west Cork & Kerry is 5 hours + from Dublin, Donegal is approx 3 +. George Hook was in Donegal once ( I think I heard him say), so once again, proof that Donegal exisits in exaggerated isolation from the rest of the country.

Fionn spoke very well of Donegal; I noticed when he mentioned the height of Sliabh League, he first said 600 metres, then corrected himself and changed it to 600 feet. He was right the first time @ 600 m

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭muckish

Fionn spoke very well of Donegal; I noticed when he mentioned the height of Sliabh League, he first said 600 metres, then corrected himself and changed it to 600 feet. He was right the first time @ 600 m

Small technical mixup, I'd let him away with that considering everything else positive he said about the county. Actual height is 595m whereas the Cliffs of Moher are 203m at the highest point. He did get across though how more impressive than the Cliffs of Moher Sliabh Liag is, considering that the Cliffs of Moher have this so called status as THE cliffs to see in Ireland.
    During the interview I thought is was very good that Fionn could react to the texts coming in because he knew firsthand the places people were texting about. Gave a reality to the advice being given out rather than just a guide book type recommendation.

by the way, did I dream it or did George Hook ask if you go through Newry and Armagh to get to Donegal from Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭GSF

by the way, did I dream it or did George Hook ask if you go through Newry and Armagh to get to Donegal from Dublin?
    many people do go that way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭muckish

Cuts out Monaghan!

I go to Dundalk that way alright, must give it a go next time Im going to Dublin.

I took this route on Wednesday going to Dublin from Ballybofey.. its at least 30 minutes longer than by going by Ardee/Monaghan

Advertisement