Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shirt, Tie & Shoes for my suit

• 22-05-2012 7:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hi all,

I just bought the suit linked below for an upcoming wedding, but I've no shirt or tie yet.

I don't have a clue when it comes to things like this so any advice is helpful. I own a pair of black shoes and also a dark brown leather pair too so I was hoping to wear either of those without having to buy a new pair.

http://www.bestmenswear.ie/Product/Marco-Capelli-Suit-Light-Grey/298079/600180700300904.2

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

White shirt.

Depends what kind of tie you want to wear, do you want to keep it subtle or do you want to make a "statement"?

If so you could get a very bold printed tie, the likes of which they sell in Brown Thomas (for a price) or somewhere like TM Lewin (for less). Go with a dark base colour, like a navy or black, but with some kind of floral or paisley design.

Or, if you're young enough, you could get a skinny black tie, like in the picture, and rock that kind of look. Depends on you.

Shoes, go with black - make sure they are nice brogues and not pointy or funky looking - a classic shoe is what you want, polished to within an inch of their lives.

You could top it all off by getting a pocketchief for the top pocket of your suit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,110 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Oh and unless the suit is very fitted, or fits your perfectly already (which it probably won't), bring it to a tailor / alterations place to get it altered.

They will alter length of sleeves, cut of jacket, length of trousers, waist, seat etc, so its perfect for you.

Nothing looks worse than an ill fitting suit.

Not sure if you were looking for recommendations on where to buy a white shirt - well you can go anywhere really, some kind of slim fit shirt is what you want. M&S do a nice line in slim fit white shirts, affordable, with nice collars and double cuffs.

Advertisement