Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<SNIP> Footwear Store

Options
  • 22-05-2012 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Just arrived back from the US and was out shopping with my family in <SNIP>. Nearly croaked when i came across this store. How are they able to trade? Talk about blatant trademark infringement. The name combines Vans and Comverse footwear plus they have a similar logo to Comverse on the actual shoes. Are we that desperate for business that we are allowing this to happen? Maybe the Chinese have given us some tips from their recent visit here.

Any trademark attorneys like to comment. Anyone????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I know, I was in <SNIP> the other day and they had some bottles of cola. Looked like Coca-Cola. I actually did die with shock as I'd NEVER seen anything like this before. It blew my socks off literally (I had to go back to collect them after I left the hospital)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Names snipped.

OP - If you have suspicions, then you should contact the Revenue. See this link for more details.

TheIrishGrover - you should contact Coca-Cola as they take their brand very seriously.

Advertisement