Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress Social Bookmark Plugin question....

Options
  • 22-05-2012 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am not a developer, so am not sure of the answer to this. I installed a wordpress plugin that could be displayed at the end of a blog post for example.

However, it also appears on the homepage under each little block of text, and appears throughout the site.

My question is how could I make it only appear under the blog posts and nowhere else on the site?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭fcrossen

Plugins can do pretty much whatever they want within Wordpress, so there are many ways that the content can be displayed.
    What plugin are you using?
    How is the content displayed (is it through a widget)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I tried the "Light Social" plug in, but it seems to also display the line of social bookmarking icons on the homepage as well, under the content.

I think they are widgets. I can PM you the URL if you could confirm they are or not?

They are not widgets. However the author has given a customisation guide here:
    - http://aldenml.com/blog/2009/12/20/light-social-wordpress-plugin/

Have a look at the line:
    If you want to display only in the home page and single posts, uncomment and comment the following lines

The conditional function [PHP]is_single()[/PHP] will allow you to display only when viewing a post for example. From the link above, try:

[PHP]$display = is_home() || is_single(); // use this line for display on home and single posts only (uncommented)
    //$display = true; // if you want to put some special condition (commented)
    [/PHP]

Unfortunately you/someone will need some minimal PHP skills to implement this.

Other Wordpress conditional tags:
    - http://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags

That would be beyond me. I will send on that info to the developer, but might try some more plug ins first.........

seachto7 wrote: »
    That would be beyond me. I will send on that info to the developer, but might try some more plug ins first.........
    It is a pretty simple customisation. It should be quicker than looking for a plugin that does exactly what you want.

• Advertisement

I notice the Light Social plugin. only appears on the homepage, the accommodation page and not on other pages. So, just making it appear on the blog posts is what I would need.
    I will see if their developer could do it. I assume this is something I can't do within Wordpress?
    It wouldn't come under "edit plug in?"

I notice the Light Social plugin. only appears on the homepage, the accommodation page and not on other pages. So, just making it appear on the blog posts is what I would need.
    I can't comment without seeing the site...
    I will see if their developer could do it. I assume this is something I can't do within Wordpress?
    It wouldn't come under "edit plug in?"
    Short answer - yes, but unless you have the coding skills, let your developer do it.

Advertisement