Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reccomend a cheap wireless ADSL router that will work well with Vodaphone ?

• 22-05-2012 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

The parents old modem just died so they asked me get them a new one, so might as well get them a wireless router.

I don't care if Vodafone don't officially "Support" it, I'm an ex Talk Talk tech support agent, so I know all to well what kinda trash ISPs will try and sell you ;). I have UPC cable in my own place and have a Buffalo Airstation flashed with Tomato custom firmware, and it rocks :).

So if there's a cheap crappy stock router out there that can be flashed with 3rd party firmware to make it awesome, I'm not opposed to it, but its probably overkill for what my parents would use.

Was never a huge Belkin fan, but given the price vs reviews,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Wireless-Router-Transfer-F5D7634uk4-H/dp/B003BIEOPK/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1337715164&sr=1-3

This one looks like a bargain, your thoughts lads ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

There's a reason Belkin networking products are cheap; They're crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Well its been a while since Ive had to deal with Belkin products, thought something might have changed.

Advertisement