Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting money back from a Ponzi scheme

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Jim101 wrote: »
    That's your opinion but I don't think you should be labeling anything a scam until you have researched the company in full. You're basing that opinion on either a bad experience with a Ponzi scheme or else just your own imagination.

I'm sure Mastercard fully agrees with you that Banners Broker is a Ponzi scheme scamming people out of money.

Come back to me when you've done your research into the company.

I personally think it's safe to assume that any company that claims (via its converts or agents) to turn a €1,000 investment in to €1,000,000 profit in a year is a scam.
    Now, call me presumptuous if you like, but I won't be spending any time researching, that's all the info I need to satisfy my curiosity, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jim101

Sorry, I need to clarify the 18% because maybe i wasn't clear. I joined BB back in April with €1,000, which is approx $1,250. That money was used to rent advertising space online. My online account is now at $4,400. That does not mean that I can withdraw $4,400 tomorrow if I wanted. I can withdraw half of it. $2,200. So basically I'm up $950 on my original investment.

The other $2,200 must be left in the account as it is in the form of advertising credits that I can use to advertise my business or that of a family member or friend.

So the 18% week on week is on the overall account which includes the advertising credits.

Anyway, I don't think I'm going to respond here anymore as I'm receiving quite a slating and it's turning into a replica of the other thread. Go to a BB meeting to find out more. I go to the meeting in Limerick each month and that is where I get my information on Banners Broker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭applehunter

@applehunter...

Yes banner advertising is the main function of BB. However, they work on a blind advertising system at the moment. More details on how a blind advertising network can be read here... http://www.bizcommunity.com/Article/196/78/56747.html. They are in the process of changing this however to make it more transparent. Therefore, members in future will be able to see what exact websites the banners are used on. I don't know when this is being implemented but it is in the process.

Does it not worry you that there are no available 3rd party companies that have endorsed what Banners Broker does?
    Yes it is a tiered system.

Agreed
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean by 3rd party evidence? Are you looking for an independent website that is announcing the launch of the Mastercard? If I post up a pic of the card when I receive it in the post, will that be evidence enough? Maybe I'll video myself taking money out of the ATM using the card.

Yes, something. Newspaper article. anything.

I wouldn't mind seeing the pic of the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

This is at least the second topic on this. The last one got canned (if i remember). However before it did, the general consensus was that this scheme was utter crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Netsalez wrote: »
    How long ago was the first? I'd be interested to read this as opinions may have changed....

Hi Jim101. Is your real name Tony Quinn by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Hilarious thread. So basically it's a tiered system that encourages you to leave your original investment in for as long as possible and enlist friends/family members. Also added to the mix is some form of advertising credits that's meant to equate to real money, a mastercard endorsement and the launch of a new social networking site?! Genius, I'm off to the bank straight away to give Jim101 all my money, I can't possibly see how this scheme can fail...

Edit: So should we give the money to Jim101 or Netsalez, I got confused after reading the last few posts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

This is the most ridiculous thing ever and the thread should be locked imo. And to the OP get your money back now. The only people backing this thing are new accounts. Yes it looks funny that people would be gullible to this looking at the thread but if people are going to lose money on it its quite serious. You'd be surprised how easy it is for people to convince their family and friends into these schemes.

I think it's beneficial that its posted here, so people can search it out and see all the holes in it before parting with their money. Hopefully people thinking of 'investing' in this obvious ponzi scheme will stop off here and snap out of it.

These meetings they have, they remind me of the old timeshare scam meetings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭overthenest

this is obviously a scam, i would get out now, anyone know anything about lyonesse?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

this is obviously a scam, i would get out now, anyone know anything about lyonesse?

Just like the pack of lies in this thread

The Lyoness scam is also full of liars and lowlifes who rip people off.

Stay well clear of both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Netsalez

Rickyjb & Atlas your sooo wrong guys. Both of you forgot to mention that BANNERSBROKER works equally well even IF YOU DON'T BRING ANYONE IN ....... seriously!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

For the benefit of anyone who might read and believe this thread I'd like to set out a few facts about the thread:
    1. it has a number of contributors who pretend that they were originally sceptical but who now claim that someone close to them has proven that the system actually works
    2. it promises wildly generous returns on your investment (and all for no risk/skill/effort)
    3. there is no tangible product (Internet advertising? Give me a break!)
    4. it has a number of contributors with a very small post count. i.e. they signed up to boards specifically to push this scam.

They are liars and crooks. Don't believe a word they say. Do you think we would still be in a crippling recession if it was that easy to make money?

Always remember that if it sounds too good to be true, it is. There are no free lunches.

For the benefit of anyone who might read and believe this thread I'd like to set out a few facts about the thread:
    1. it has a number of contributors who pretend that they were originally sceptical but who now claim that someone close to them has proven that the system actually works
    2. it promises wildly generous returns on your investment (and all for no risk/skill/effort)
    3. there is no tangible product (Internet advertising? Give me a break!)
    4. it has a number of contributors with a very small post count. i.e. they signed up to boards specifically to push this scam.

They are liars and crooks. Don't believe a word they say. Do you think we would still be in a crippling recession if it was that easy to make money?

Always remember that if it sounds too good to be true, it is. There are no free lunches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

stick to flogging sites to electricians, please. You are trying to sell utter rubbish/crap

SO what you just give Dory some money and we are all supposed to be converted?Go and ask my a**e

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Ok, I'm signed up! I'll let everyone know how rich I get and promise to hold a party when I reach €1million.

I gave the T&C's a quick glance and see I have to give $50 to the company if I want to take out money. That will eat through my withdrawls. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Netsalez

dory wrote: »
    I gave the T&C's a quick glance and see I have to give $50 to the company if I want to take out money. That will eat through my withdrawls. :(

Nope, not exactly correct - but we'll discuss this to get you on the right track.....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Only a complete imbecile would sign up to this scam scheme , there is a hard-hearted bastard in me that says if they're dumb enough to put money into it then they deserve no sympathy.
    Does anyone on this forum have sympathy for the greedy idiots that still fall for Nigerian Lottery scams ? Of couse not , then why have sympathy for someone who invests in this crap with a promised return of 18% ?

Just my thoughts.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Delancey wrote: »
    Only a complete imbecile would sign up to this scam scheme , there is a hard-hearted bastard in me that says if they're dumb enough to put money into it then they deserve no sympathy.
    Does anyone on this forum have sympathy for the greedy idiots that still fall for Nigerian Lottery scams ? Of couse not , then why have sympathy for someone who invests in this crap with a promised return of 18% ?

Just my thoughts.....

People who invested in property before and weren't burnt badly enough are looking for the next big thing!

Delancey wrote: »

Just my thoughts.....

Yes but they also target the vulnerable and less savvy and convince them that they can help them. There are people out there who are strapped and desperate enough that they can't see through the lies and fall for it, not necessarily always through greed. The guys on here pushing this scam are just filthy little parasites and it pains me to think of them getting anything.

• Advertisement

Netsalez wrote: »
    Rickyjb & Atlas your sooo wrong guys. Both of you forgot to mention that BANNERSBROKER works equally well even IF YOU DON'T BRING ANYONE IN ....... seriously!

lol:)

But as Jim101 mentioned you do get commission (in the form of "advertising credits" or whatever) to bring people in "under" you. So you're incentivised to get other people to join, right? I really don't know why I'm even responding to you, it's such an obvious scam it's funny I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

The frightening thing here is that there are people putting their money into this ponzi scam. If people were not that silly/greedy/gullible then it wouldn't still be running. :eek:

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    The frightening thing here is that there are people putting their money into this ponzi scam. If people were not that silly/greedy/gullible then it wouldn't still be running. :eek:

You're right, it all sounds so hilariously obvious that it's a scam on here but there are vulnerable people who will lose hard earned money over this. Partly down to their own greed but also partly because they will get conned by skilled "salesmen" at meetings and over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

It sounds like the Trapezoid scheme in the simpsons has actually been created

(i'd be grateful if some one had the time to link the pic)

Frynge wrote: »
    It sounds like the Trapezoid scheme in the simpsons has actually been created

(i'd be grateful if some one had the time to link the pic)

Sums it up nicely, ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭applehunter

Honestly this is not far off what I saw at a meeting before.

Only they played "Simply the Best" as the entrance music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Honestly this is not far off what I saw at a meeting before.

Only they played "Simply the Best" as the entrance music.

I was at one of these type of meetings for something else years ago in the red cow, someone had the idea of showing up and asking the awkward questions but kept getting rebuffed with 'i'll come back to that' or 'we haven't got to that yet'.

poor man never got his answers

Will be interested to see what happens to Dory. I guess there is a chance that its legit

After watching The Sting again recently though my gut tells me this is a bit of a 'long con'.
    Wouldnt it be clever of them to start this company, get a couple of thousand members in the door, pay them back returns with the the money they have invested already and/or show them the growth in their Banner Account
    Then once critical mass of people have invested, (which would happen pretty fast if a couple of thousand people were showing these 'online' gains and pitching everywhere they can) ....

BANG! the company disappears with all the money.

Any people who do withdraw early would just be written off as 'bad debts' and probably minimal because when greed comes into play you'd have to think the large majority would just be watching the investment rise rubbing their hands together. The whole thing could be done and dusted in 6 months. Hence no need to show a single banner advertisement...but keep telling people this that and the other are coming in the next few months...

But like I said, lets see what happens with Dory! If MasterCard are involved that is a positive sign, but until a Banner Brokers MasterCard is seen for real Mastercard are not involved. If I was a company starting out and I had an agreement with Mastercard for something as big as this, there would be a lot more press about it, or even 1 article of press about it.

Looking at the photo gallery on their website http://www.followbb.com/gallery/?show=slide would lead me to bet against this Mastercard ever appearing if anyone was giving odds on it...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement