Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOME NIGHT CLUB 1999

Options
  • 22-05-2012 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

Dont know why they closed it it was banging every weekend and had good djs booked think they made mistake closing it..... what do ya think!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

New nightclubs opened up in the town and crowds stopped going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

too many complaints from patrons losing their socks and shoes stuck to the sticky carpet and suing the management of the kilmore for footwear! seriously, i was going to the kilmore since 1986, i think it run its course...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,871 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

flanum wrote: »
    too many complaints from patrons losing their socks and shoes stuck to the sticky carpet and suing the management of the kilmore for footwear! seriously, i was going to the kilmore since 1986, i think it run its course...
    I was actually there on its opening night and remember the (possibly new) barstaff being stone useless combined with almost exclusively serving chicks a few rows back regardless of how long us males were at the counter.

Ended up shouting at a lad whether next time I should grow a set of tits in order to get a pint!! Got my pint.

Anyhow, it was far from the ideal location miles out of town and at the same time the farnham seemed to be taking off as well as the imperial turning into a semi nightclub/ late bar type outfit.

If it was doing good business at the time of closing then who knows why it closed. Insurance maybe? (which for example closed CPV in Clones with the loss of 200+ jobs that they could do well with now)
    Cost of security?

During the boom weddings were a licence to print money so maybe it was a hinderance to that goldmine to have an active nightclub on site?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

I was actually there on its opening night and remember the (possibly new) barstaff being stone useless combined with almost exclusively serving chicks a few rows back regardless of how long us males were at the counter.

Ended up shouting at a lad whether next time I should grow a set of tits in order to get a pint!! Got my pint.

Anyhow, it was far from the ideal location miles out of town and at the same time the farnham seemed to be taking off as well as the imperial turning into a semi nightclub/ late bar type outfit.

If it was doing good business at the time of closing then who knows why it closed. Insurance maybe? (which for example closed CPV in Clones with the loss of 200+ jobs that they could do well with now)
    Cost of security?

During the boom weddings were a licence to print money so maybe it was a hinderance to that goldmine to have an active nightclub on site?

id say your not to far wrong never thought off that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,871 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

FANTAPANTS wrote: »
    id say your not to far wrong never thought off that
    actually.... I probably am right.

if you look at their website now its really pitching itsself as a luxory hotel (looks very well to be fair to them)
    http://www.hotelkilmore.ie/
    A nightclub there with kids falling about drunkenly would be out of place in a hotel looking to scalp people for insane money for rooms and meals.

Does the Russell still have an active nightclub ? I'm showing by age by not knowing whats going on in that scene!
    For one of the most upmarket (by price anyhow) hotels in Ireland with political and doctors conferences along with the bog standard weddings, it'd be another place that a nightclub really is not a natural part of the 4star hotel package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

actually.... I probably am right.

if you look at their website now its really pitching itsself as a luxory hotel (looks very well to be fair to them)
    http://www.hotelkilmore.ie/
    A nightclub there with kids falling about drunkenly would be out of place in a hotel looking to scalp people for insane money for rooms and meals.

Does the Russell still have an active nightclub ? I'm showing by age by not knowing whats going on in that scene!
    For one of the most upmarket (by price anyhow) hotels in Ireland with political and doctors conferences along with the bog standard weddings, it'd be another place that a nightclub really is not a natural part of the 4star hotel package.

No,The Russell gave up on the nightclub to get a higher star rating as far as I am aware back in the good days.

Advertisement