Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Boo-Boo upgrading & boyf fit to kill me

• 22-05-2012 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

This is a long thread, sorry, please bear with me! Have this problem 6 weeks now!

I have an iphone 3Gs (Aurellia)and my boyf 4 (Tom), and i used my itunes on my computer to put music on his phone before- no problems.

I had upgraded my phone to iOS 5.1 and a few days later did his. iTunes recognised the phone id as "Tom" and proceeded to say upgrade available blah blah blah, and backed it up, and asked that there were purchases on "Tom" that werent in my iTunes libruary, etc, all went fine so we thought.

Now he has all my contacts in with his contacts and he's missing all his apps! and when we go across to Apps tab on summary it won't let us apply the selected apps to sync back to his phone. We tried manually deleating the contacts AND UNWANTED APPS (Ab workout & Period Tracker!) only to find them back on there when we went to put the music back on.(which is not going back on either btw)

He can't access App Store as my ID aurellia@email keeps coming up constantly on his phone and its asking for my password. He downloaded Facebook and some soccer apps this morning directly to his iphone using my ID as he cant get his to come back or get back his stuff that are in the itunes libruary. THe newest problem is that half hour ago i went into App store on my iphone, which is still accepting my ID, and downloaded FM104 ( he has this already) - the download commenced and up poppped the three soccer apps and downloaded too onto my iphone.

My boyf is a carpenter and has alot of contacts in his phone, (which are saying "unified info" across top of contact tab) and doesnt want mine, he's like his music back as he's on the road alot, and doesnt need a 7pm reminder to take his contraceptive pill going off!!! PLEASE HELP !!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Restore from a previous backup of his or restore and setup from his iCloud backup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

mad muffin wrote: »
    Restore from a previous backup of his or restore and setup from his iCloud backup.

If there is a recent itunes or icloud backup!

Right, i'm going put aside the contacts problem and tackle the app problem, which is fairly easy to fix.

first of he MUST gain access to his own apple ID, not a good idea for him to continue using yours. You've given no info as to why he cant sign into his ID on the phone and sign you out. If you dont know how, goto settings > store on the phone and tap the ID and select "sign out" Then he can sign with his own ID

Also on that page is the solution to the problem of apps he's downloading appearing on your phone: Automatic Downloads. If you have two devices using the same ID, and have automatic downloads turned on, any app you download will appear on his phone and vice versa. If you have to continue sharing an ID make sure this is OFF.

If he's able to sign into the phone using his own ID then its very easy to get back his apps. goto the app store > updates > purchased > and tap "not on this iphone" he'll see a list of any apps that he already had and can download again.

Oh, and tell him to delete any of your apps, as he'll be asked to sign in with your ID to update them.

I'm sure others will be along to help with your music/contacts problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

Aurellia wrote: »
    This is a long thread, sorry, please bear with me! Have this problem 6 weeks now!

I have an iphone 3Gs (Aurellia)and my boyf 4 (Tom), and i used my itunes on my computer to put music on his phone before- no problems.

I had upgraded my phone to iOS 5.1 and a few days later did his. iTunes recognised the phone id as "Tom" and proceeded to say upgrade available blah blah blah, and backed it up, and asked that there were purchases on "Tom" that werent in my iTunes libruary, etc, all went fine so we thought.

Now he has all my contacts in with his contacts and he's missing all his apps! and when we go across to Apps tab on summary it won't let us apply the selected apps to sync back to his phone. We tried manually deleating the contacts AND UNWANTED APPS (Ab workout & Period Tracker!) only to find them back on there when we went to put the music back on.(which is not going back on either btw)

He can't access App Store as my ID aurellia@email keeps coming up constantly on his phone and its asking for my password. He downloaded Facebook and some soccer apps this morning directly to his iphone using my ID as he cant get his to come back or get back his stuff that are in the itunes libruary. THe newest problem is that half hour ago i went into App store on my iphone, which is still accepting my ID, and downloaded FM104 ( he has this already) - the download commenced and up poppped the three soccer apps and downloaded too onto my iphone.

My boyf is a carpenter and has alot of contacts in his phone, (which are saying "unified info" across top of contact tab) and doesnt want mine, he's like his music back as he's on the road alot, and doesnt need a 7pm reminder to take his contraceptive pill going off!!! PLEASE HELP !!!

Carpenters have no future .................. dump .............. sorted:D

Advertisement