Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Making silage

• 22-05-2012 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Anybody doing their silage yet
    Just mowed 5 acres hoe the weather stays good till the weekend

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

This time last year i made silage, but with the poor growth i will be waiting another 4 weeks before i cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

yeh we started today 52 acres pickin up in d mornin.....GO ON JEDWARD:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭stanflt

Anybody doing their silage yet
    Just mowed 5 acres hoe the weather stays good till the weekend

cut 80 acres over the last 10days

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭thetiredfarmer

mowed 2 acres last night just to try out new baler today,only 6 bales but Smashing job.2 jobs on for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭rs8

75 acres down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭RedPeppers

It will be another three weeks before we cut. No point us cutting when the growth has been so poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Got a call this evening to say the mowers are out of the shed being greased, be ready for wrapping Saturday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

I have silage fit to cut but the weather is still sh1tty down here in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

I have silage fit to cut but the weather is still sh1tty down here in Cork.

I thought you were from Cavan?? Very little rain around here since last friday. Pasture that has been ate is shooting up these last few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

RedPeppers wrote: »
    It will be another three weeks before we cut. No point us cutting when the growth has been so poor.

Much the same with us. Although it's hard to gauge growth now when we were used to seeing little improvement in a few weeks.

A few days though, let alone a week, makes a big difference this time of year, especially since temp rose.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭kermit_the_dog

yeh we started today 52 acres pickin up in d mornin.....GO ON JEDWARD:D:D:D:D

dont tell me those little pups are at the wheel of a harvester , thought they were out in russia making a show of the country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Baku, Azerbaijan actually :rolleyes: and sure what loss is on them? I wouldn't let them inside a farm gate though, let alone on a harvester! Can you imagine....?!?

......John and Edward watch on in amazement as the front of the 22' Kane reaches for the sky, dipping its load onto the dusty silage slab....

Edward: OMG Johhhnnn! It's soooo green and.... ah ...grassy.. yeah!
    John: WOW Edward!.... [COUGH COUGH].... yeah it's totally awesome!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

Had planned for end of may cut but cold weather has easily added three weeks to that now :rolleyes: Although you could hear the grass grow this week ;)

Advertisement