Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposals For Madden 13 Online Franchise

Options
  • 22-05-2012 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Obviously there's plenty of time between now and Madden 13 being released, but I thought I'd set up a thread where we can come up with a few proposals that may make the franchise better for the Madden 13 online franchise. We could possibly then have a few polls created so that members can vote on whether they would/would not like to see the proposals implemented.

My proposal would be that we randomly draw teams out of a hat, so that people have a chance to play against different players in different divisions and conferences. Obviously we don't want completely uneven divisions, but I'm sure there's a way of working around that.

Anything else, feel free to post in here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I oppose the idea of random teams because I am Al Davis. I wouldn't trade them for anyone, not even my beloved Ravens. Maybe the Browns for their awesome uniforms...

I think the league is fine for the most part as it is. Of course if we wanted fair officiating for the Raiders we'd have to write to EA.

One thing that would be hilarious would be an all CPU players and no trading league. That would be a mad league to be a part of. Having to adjust to whatever you end up with.

Would we be able to play a sunshine league, as in no rain? Rain messes everything up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Agree with Paully, mix up the divisions a bit. As long as it's a fantasy draft it doesn't make a blind bit of difference who you play as.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

As I've said I'm happy to stay with the Titans, but if thats not gonna happen then a random draw is best.

However.. Paully.. if I end up in a division with Santry and Berty.. I will kill you :pac::pac:

Other than that I've nothing else to suggest tbh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Maybe we could seed the draw so that we don't have very strong or very weak divisions?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

adrian522 wrote: »
    Maybe we could seed the draw so that we don't have very strong or very weak divisions?

then its not random...

We could see the draw.

Tbh.. I would see Berty and Santry as the best players in the league (dont think anyone can argue with that), they can flip a virtual coin and decide if they want to play in the AFC/NFC.

From there say based on how the season finishes, each player can say NFC/AFC and then a team is virtually drawn for them, but there'd need to be rules as we can have 4 human teams in one division while having one human team in another etc.

I'm sure we've a couple of programmers here, lads with something up!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

When everyone is available I think we have 24 human teams and 8 CPU teams.

Presuming everyone comes back for Madden 13 (or we lose one or two but get one or two new additions) then we could have 3 human players and 1 CPU team in all 8 divisions.

Firstly we randomly draw 8 teams (which will be the CPU teams), then Berty and Santry toss for AFC/NFC and then it's a straight draw between all 24 players for the remaining teams (obviously making sure Berty and Santry draw teams from the right conference).

If we have slightly more or slightly less than 24 human teams we can adjust accordingly, but it will be around that figure anyway I reckon.

I'm shattered so I've probably forgot something obvious but if I haven't then I think the above sounds good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Am up for the random draw of teams alright.

Only picked Bengals cos couldn't take Patriots due to enough human players in AFC East (thankfully!), and liked the tiger stripes on jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Why don't we draw for picks or base them on this seasons standings. That would leave us with an order of 1-24 and then each player would make a pick but that pick would only be from 1 division. So say the worst player record this season gets the first pick. He picks out of a virtual hat that only has the 4 teams from 1 division in it, say the NFC North (or each pick could choose a division that remains from that round). Then the next pick would pick out of the virtual hat but the only teams in there would be from the NFC East. I know it would be hard to organise with all these virtual hats and players at the end really wouldn't have that much choice but I think it solves the problem of getting 3 CPU's in one division.

So we'd have each round with 8 picks, 1 from each division and then it would start over with the 9th pick then choosing a team from any division until we had 2 players in each and then it would start over. We keep going until 3 players in each division?

Not really sure how to put this idea into words but hopefully you's will understand :pac:

Lukebray wrote: »
    Why don't we draw for picks or base them on this seasons standings. That would leave us with an order of 1-24 and then each player would make a pick but that pick would only be from 1 division. So say the worst player record this season gets the first pick. He picks out of a virtual hat that only has the 4 teams from 1 division in it, say the NFC North (or each pick could choose a division that remains from that round). Then the next pick would pick out of the virtual hat but the only teams in there would be from the NFC East. I know it would be hard to organise with all these various virtual hats and players at the end really wouldn't have that much choice but I think it solves the problem of getting 3 CPU's in one division.

Not really sure how to put this idea into words but hopefully you's will understand :pac:

that seems farily sensible tbh. At least then a player will get a pick of a preferential team they want rather than it being a random team.

So the worst player gets first pick etc etc, until the 8 worse players pick a team in a seperate division.
    Then the next 8 and then the next 8.
    should leave us with at least 3 teams in each division.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'd prefer a complete random draw to be honest lads. Also I don't think it should be necessary that myself and Berty are in separate conferences as it would give other players a chance in playing in the Superbowl.

Good idea Luke, will kind of end up like seeding in the divisions too so should end up with a nice even spread of talent that way too.

Another question then is whether we would want to have everyone spread equally across the divisions, or bunch all the human players together.

Did a quick calculation to see what the difference would be for say 24 teams (total 384 games):

8 Divisions with 3 Human teams each in them:
    Human v. Human games - 288 (75%)
    Human v. CPU games - 96 (25%)

6 Divisions with 4 Human teams each in them:
    Human v. Human games - 304 (79%)
    Human v. CPU games - 80 (21%)

There might be a bit of imbalance with the 6x4 divisions depending on what divisions end up playing the CPU division, but something to think on

Thought I'd throw it in there for consideration anyway.

Personally wouldn't mind either Luke's idea (draft teams from worst-to-first) or a random draw

Spread evenly across the divisions otherwise you have a guaranteed 2 CPU teams in the playoffs.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Spread evenly across the divisions otherwise you have a guaranteed 2 CPU teams in the playoffs.

Yep, not in favour of this tbh.
    3 teams per division is whats best IMO, everyone gets a shot (apart from that CPU chap!)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I was gonna suggest what Santry said but he got there first. Imagine him and Berty in a division together? It would be poxy for whoever was in their conference as the championship game would most likely be them but the other conference would be a great chance for some new faces in the superbowl.

This random teams talk sounds awful to me. The only teams I could bring myself to play as are the Raiders, the Ravens, the Browns or the Bears.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

SantryRed wrote: »
    I'd prefer a complete random draw to be honest lads. Also I don't think it should be necessary that myself and Berty are in separate conferences as it would give other players a chance in playing in the Superbowl.

I agree totally with this.

Only thing we should make not random is that there is 3 teams in each division.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

if you seed the divisions your keeping all the better players apart, effective giving them an easier run. 8 best players in 8 separate divisions means they'll have easier divisional games.

I like'd last year, where returning players had first preference on their teams, then first come first serve.

Just thought I'd bump this given that we're around 5 weeks away from release date and now we know that there's going to be no fantasy draft, perhaps we can get the discussion going again :)

Paully D wrote: »
    Just thought I'd bump this given that we're around 5 weeks away from release date and now we know that there's going to be no fantasy draft, perhaps we can get the discussion going again :)
    The conversation kind of died out in this thread Paully. Was taken up again in aother one
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056662983

When I started putting up Human-v-Human results for everyone

• Advertisement

The conversation kind of died out in this thread Paully. Was taken up again in aother one
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056662983

When I started putting up Human-v-Human results for everyone

Cheers Rob! Truth be told I was actually looking for that thread but couldn't find it so settled for this one :pac: I've bumped it now. :)

Advertisement