Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demolish breeze block shed anyone?

Options
  • 22-05-2012 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi, living in Dublin 13, I have a concrete block shed that I would like to get rid of. Complications with it are that the back of the shed is the boundary wall with house behind while one side is the boundary wall beside us. The other thing is that the shed has electricity with a single fuse fuse board.

Anybody out there recommend someone skilled in taking down such a structure?
    Any idea of cost?

Apologies if in wrong forum.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

You could try the construction and DIY forums

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pauld

Redser7 thanks, mods rather than risking spam charge, can you reassign to construction forum

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

You could definately do the job yourself with a couple of friends..just make sure you isolate and cut off the electricity supply first.

You might want to get an electrician to do it for you if you're concerned but the demolition should be straightforward enough.

Only other expense really would be a skiphire to take away the rubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

as redser says - the folks in DIY may be of more help.

Demolition of the shed should be reality easier if the shed was built after the back and boundary walls. As such its an add-on to the existing walls and so with a little care easily detached from them. Why they were used as two walls of the shed in the first place is beyond me as AFAIK the boundary walls of property should not be used for structure. - But then again the folks over in DIY may be better acquainted with the legalities of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

You can even advertise the rubble on adverts.ie. Have seen it before, you would be amazed what people want. If you are careful you could take it down block by block and make it more interesting for people to take away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pauld

thanks guys for your help. The electricity part of it worries me so that was why I was looking for someone in the know on these things to do the work.

Advertisement