Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

doctor doctor?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

If this is the first time anyone has cheated in this exam I would be shocked, not saying it isn't wrong but people cheat...that's the way it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

Yea but you don't expect a doctor to cheat.

Why are all these doctors who get dragged up in front of the fitness to practice board nearly always from Nigeria, Pakistan etc....?

Just saying..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 265 ✭✭unclejunior

What I'd like to know is how many others got through the net this way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

would you want a doctor who

A: says everything is going to be fine when you are really sick.
    B: tells you the truth and faces a difficult situation with you.
    C: tells you, you are sick when you are not to make some money.
    D: cheats at poker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Who cares, anyone can be a doctor these days. All you have to do is google the symptoms and prescribe whatever wiki tells ya to. Dont need no exams to do that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

doctor Mc he was prob known to his mates...

multiple choice that is

mackg wrote: »
    If this is the first time anyone has cheated in this exam I would be shocked, not saying it isn't wrong but people cheat...that's the way it is.

Yeah but a doctor?
    "doctor the surgery is going wrong what do we do?"
    "eh yeah I was out that day and cheated on the exam. they're probably going to die now, sorry"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

bluewolf wrote: »
    Yeah but a doctor?
    "doctor the surgery is going wrong what do we do?"
    "eh yeah I was out that day and cheated on the exam. they're probably going to die now, sorry"

Yeah but that's not how the guy cheating is looking at it, they see I put this much time into this and I think I'm going to fail plus there are nice rewards for success, some people in this situation will cheat regardless. Again I'm not saying it's not a crappy thing to do especially in this particular case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

I read somewhere before that it's really common (in China I think?) for people to cheat in exams like that, using earpieces etc or by getting someone else to sit the exam for them. Can't remember where the story was though.

edit/ Found this article, explains it a bit more http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/china-news/students-cheating-in-schools-in-china-reach-all-time-high-43786.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

well easy to get a body double there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

unreal..

A strange word if you think about it. Is it real? No, it's unreal... Like the undead, not dead not alive, unreal....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Why are all these doctors who get dragged up in front of the fitness to practice board nearly always from Nigeria, Pakistan etc....?
    ...Cork, Sudan, Dublin, Slovakia, Monaghan, Hungary...
    Just saying..

Just saying what exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Yea but you don't expect a doctor to cheat.

Because you touch yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Because you touch yourself.

Did you want him to touch you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭seantorious

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Who cares, anyone can be a doctor these days. All you have to do is google the symptoms and prescribe whatever wiki tells ya to. Dont need no exams to do that.

If your grammar is anything to go by I think you would have difficulty understanding there is a bit more than that involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

mod

*cough*
    If your grammer is anything to go by...

*cough*

/mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭deandean

Oi! I opened this expecting 'Doctor Doctor' jokes

‘Doctor, doctor, I feel like a pack of cards.’ ‘I’ll deal with you later!’

‘Doctor, doctor, I feel terrible!’ ‘What are the symptoms?’ ‘It’s a cartoon show with yellow people.’

‘Doctor, doctor, I keep dreaming about necrophilia, sadism and bestiality!’ ‘Forget it, you’re flogging a dead horse.’

‘Doctor, doctor, I think I’m a bridge.’ ‘What’s come over you?’ ‘Two cars, a truck, and a coach.’

‘Doctor, doctor, I think I’m shrinking!’ ‘Now, settle down. You’ll just have to be a little patient.’

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Naomi00 wrote: »
    I read somewhere before that it's really common (in China I think?) for people to cheat in exams like that, using earpieces etc or by getting someone else to sit the exam for them. Can't remember where the story was though.

edit/ Found this article, explains it a bit more http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/china-news/students-cheating-in-schools-in-china-reach-all-time-high-43786.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/snooker/9221664/Mark-Allen-facing-possible-ban-for-accusing-Cao-Yupeng-of-blatant-push-at-Snooker-World-Championships.html

Snooker too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

It's how I became a boctor.........or doctor.............or whatever the hell it's called.

Now, take off your pants, bend over and let's have a look at that nasty cough you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

All the more reason to get a second opinion or the best of three or four.......:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Meh, lots of people cheat in exams. Not saying its right, but its nothing unusual.
    All the more reason to get a second opinion or the best of three or four.......:(

Guess that's exactly what the doctor was doing in his exam... :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Can't you see I'm burning, burning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

El Weirdo wrote: »
    mod

*cough*

*cough*

/mod

that's a nasty cough you got there El Weirdo.... you should see a doctor ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

that's a nasty cough you got there El Weirdo.... you should see a doctor ;)

Especially one with easy access to the internet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

What I'd like to know is how many others got through the net this way?
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/20-of-indian-pakistani-doctors-brought-to-ireland-fail-clinical-exams-179686.html
    ONE in five foreign doctors brought to Ireland from India and Pakistan failed their exams, according to the HSE.

While more than half of the latest group of foreign doctors failed, the HSE said the overall failure rate was 20%.
    Wasn't there also a report how one in three failed when tested abroad before they came here too ?

Advertisement