Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Redeployment

• 22-05-2012 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Just wondering does anyone know when teachers nominated for redeployment will be informed where they are being redeployed. I was nominated for redeployment in February with 6 weeks left in my first pregnancy. Had to go off early due to stress- baby had reduced fetal movements etc. All okay now thank- a healthy 9 week old baby boy. Now I cant think about organising child care until I know where I am working. I know I still have a job but this is very drawn out and I cant get information from the Department or the union about when we might hear anything.

Anyone in the same boat or know when we might be informed? Thanks:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭linguist

Wow...first redeployment question from the other side of the fence. Sorry I can't help much but there was a schedule of dates issued on one of the Dept circulars. Redeployment was supposed to be well advanced by this stage.

For those of us hoping not to be displaced on RPT contracts by teachers being redeployed, your question does not augur well for an early end to the process.

Could you tell the rest of us what your subject(s) are, your sector (voluntary/C&C/VEC) and where in the country you're based? The problem for the rest of us is finding out if there's anyone out there who poses a threat to us or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 saffron77

Well thankfully I got news today. I am very happy with where I have been redeployed to. It is nearer to home and suits me thank god.
    I fully sympathise with the position that RPT teachers are in as I was one for many years. I left college in 1998 and was on many EPT contracts as they were called then for years and subbing all over the country. Finally I got a CID 4 years ago and then once I thought I was settled in a school I liked was then redeployed. It is a very long road for teachers to get into a permanent position - especially now.
    This process is difficult for everyone but the teacher nominated for redeployment probably does not want to move either and certainly does not want to cause the loss of a RPT job. I dont want to say what I teach but lets just say I am in Munster. Not much of a help to you but I have to be discreet about it really. So it looks like the redeployment process is being sorted this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Belleella

I was just wondering that if you are redeployed into a new school can u be redeployed out of that school the following year?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 saffron77

As far as I know you can be redeployed twice in your career. So it is possible to be redeployed again. But hopefully people are redeployed into schools where the numbers are good etc and they won't be redeployed again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I know someone who was redeployed two years in a row because they redeployed her first temporarily while they found something more permanent for her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

saffron77 wrote: »
    As far as I know you can be redeployed twice in your career. So it is possible to be redeployed again. But hopefully people are redeployed into schools where the numbers are good etc and they won't be redeployed again.

Appendix 2 point 23 & 24

http://www.tui.ie/_fileupload/TUI%20Public%20Service%20Agreement%202010-2014%20Final.pdf

either side can ask for a review to ensure terms were applied fairly

The director should try to ensure that a second redeployment is final

Advertisement