Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agnus castus - regulating periods

• 22-05-2012 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Girls is anyone using agnus castus to regulate their periods? I have been reading about it online and it's seems to be good if used between the first day of your period up until the ovulation day. Anyone have an experience? Also what form did you use? The drops or the capsules?

Thanks xxx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

stickybean wrote: »
    Girls is anyone using agnus castus to regulate their periods? I have been reading about it online and it's seems to be good if used between the first day of your period up until the ovulation day. Anyone have an experience? Also what form did you use? The drops or the capsules?

Thanks xxx

Hi sticky I used it in the drop form before. The first period I had after it was very very heavy and sore. I subsequently found put I had cysts so they were probably the problem but it scared me off Agnus castus all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭meggysmom

Thanks xxx
    Hi stickybean,I tried agnus castus for one cycle a while back and it gave me an early ovulation,cd 12.I didn't have any side effects except a headache the 1st few days I take it,fast forward to this cycle I started taking it the day af arrived(capsule until today cd13),I had temp jump this morn so i'm thinking I probably ovulated yesterday cd 12 which I'm happy about as other half away for rest of the week starting today.My period came on time the last time I took it with nothing major to report,I heard it takes a few months of taking it to be effective but for me it seems to work great for bringing ovulation that little bit earlier:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Thanks Meggysmom :) Do you happen to know the dosage the capsule was? Was it a 400mg? And did you take it three times a day? Also did it shorten your cycle at all of just give you early O?

Thanks xxxx

it is 400mg,two capsules twice daily,i take 1st dose with breakfast and second with dinner up until ovulation along with evening primrose oil,It shortens it in a way,brings ovulation forward to day 12,I have a 15 day luteal phase so ovulating on cd 14 especially makes the cycle so long for me personally,so day 12 means a 27 day cycle.The only time I ovulated in the last 8 months on day 12 was the months I took agnus castus so I don't believe it was coincidence:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Ah brilliant - thanks

I have (with the exception of the last) a 29-30 day cycle - I normally O on cd 19 - so hopefully this will bring it forward.

Thanks xxx

• Advertisement

Ah brilliant - thanks

I have (with the exception of the last) a 29-30 day cycle - I normally O on cd 19 - so hopefully this will bring it forward.

Thanks xxx

I hope it does the trick,bringing O forward and getting a longer lp,best of luck this time round:)

Advertisement