Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Defination of irony you have witnessed in your life.

• 22-05-2012 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Tonight watching crimecall and feeling very unsafe (as ya do) i set the alarm and sat down , heard a noise outside... looked out and it was a cat who knocked my window box.

As i looked out i noticed the drug dealer across the road had his curtains wide open and i could see his tv on, and he was watching crimecall. Tbh i found that pretty funny , this guy does deals from his house, and theres been loads of raids by the police there,and he been arrested a lot, and on a few occasions iv seen him just hand drugs to people outside my wall.... And he is watching crimecall.

I only watch crimecall to see is their anyone on it i know ... So whats his excuse? :-) ok may not be irony to you but to be it is:-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Tonight watching crimecall and feeling very unsafe (as ya do) i set the alarm and sat down , heard a noise outside... looked out and it was a cat who knocked my window box.

As i looked out i noticed the drug dealer across the road had his curtains wide open and i could see his tv on, and he was watching crimecall. Tbh i found that pretty funny , this guy does deals from his house, and theres been loads there, and on a few occasions iv seen him just hand drugs to people outside my wall.... And he is watching crimecall.

I only watch crimecall to see is their anyone on it i know ... So whats his excuse? :-) ok may not be irony to you but to be it is:-)

Is defination similar to definition?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

At work, I saw a page on an exam paper with "This page is intentionally blank" typed on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I don't really get irony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I saw yer man from the Bee Gees on 'Live with Jools Holland' earlier this evening.

Which is ironic, seeing as he's dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

When it rained on my wedding day.

Or get this: One time, I got a free ride...that I'd already paid for!

• Advertisement

leggo wrote: »

The 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife is the real kick in the teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

crimecall irony

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

That's not ironic, its just bad luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

when my missus said she was doing the ironing and i gave her my shirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

It's an unwritten rule that if someone mentions irony, someone else will quote an Alanis Morrisette song & someone else will quote from an Ed Byrne routine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭lostboy

clearly hes just making sure he isnt wanted this week:D

It's an unwritten rule that if someone mentions irony, someone else will quote an Alanis Morrisette song & someone else will quote from an Ed Byrne routine.

Yes, we're original aren't we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

As i looked out i noticed the drug dealer across the road had his curtains wide open and i could see his tv on, and he was watching crimecall. Tbh i found that pretty funny , this guy does deals from his house, and theres been loads of raids by the police there,and he been arrested a lot, and on a few occasions iv seen him just hand drugs to people outside my wall.... And he is watching crimecall.

I'd say he was looking out for himself or one of his colleagues. OR perhaps he was doing some research to see if there was a gap in the market.

He's just trying to make a living, don't be so down on him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

Ireland had a morbidly obese Minster for health...

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot :confused:

dont cha think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Seeing as he's in the business he has more of a reason to watch it than you.

Profiler wrote: »

A whippet compared to the last one though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Good call. Suppose you oughta know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Madame K

I had a colleague who accused another colleague of being Irish. She said, "All Irish look alike, you know." She was Chinese.

Profiler wrote: »

charlie uniform november tango is how i would describe him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

How is it ironic that you paid for sex on your wedding night.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

When I was in school all the fights used to happen in a place called the peace park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I once booked a ryan air flight for 1 cent but never got to go on the flight due to some unfortunate events...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

When I was in school all the fights used to happen in a place called the peace park.

Peacelines in Belfast over which bricks are thrown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Fbjm

A guy I was talking to yesterday told me I didn't understand irony.

I found that ironic, because I was on a bus at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

So,if you didnt call the cops knowing that he was a dealer and he didnt see you not calling the cops when he was watching deal or no deal does that even out the irony...

Head fcking hurts with double negatives.:confused:

THE FCUKING IRONY IS YOU NOT REPORTING WHAT YOU KNOW

and the possible outcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Madame K wrote: »
    I had a colleague who accused another colleague of being Irish. She said, "All Irish look alike, you know." She was Chinese.

That is ironic, given that we have a perception that all chinese people look alike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,178 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I didn't witness this in person. Just thought it was pretty f'kin funny.

Much better quality. You can see the guys wife giving the thumbs up to the player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=aQD6VP-csEg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

juan.kerr wrote: »
    That is ironic, given that we have a perception that all chinese people look alike.

Perception is reality.Right or wrong.

Irony is slightly different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

At a fight night there a couple of weeks ago, each fighter had selected some enterance music to walk out to the ring to.
    The first fighter walked out to Snap's "I got the power", she was halfway to the ring when there was a power failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

Getting a large glass bottle of bulmers in a pub, but a plastic container so you don't smash anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

It means consisting entirely or partly of Iron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

Sindri wrote: »

Or to taste of iron or rust. "Does this water taste irony to you?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

My satnav is always getting me lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I once booked a ryan air flight for 1 cent but never got to go on the flight due to some unfortunate events...

Did you get a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Sindri wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

One time my shirt had even more creases in it after my ex had cleaned it for me.. that bitch was crap at ironing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I have always loved the quote '' You are unique ...just like everybody else ''

It's so full or irony .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Aquila wrote: »

Yes yes somebody just had to post it :pac:

Well hot dog, we have a wiener.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

Madame K wrote: »

Since when the sweet fúck do you accuse somebody of being Irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

Everybody's special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

This is irony on crack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

My Spanish students have been complaining recently about loud American tourists taking over Madrid in the Summer time.

"Hmmm", I said to myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Chamone MF

some graffiti i once saw, 'Dave is a retart'.

i facepalmed for them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement