Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloom 2012

Options
  • 22-05-2012 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭

Quote:
    Bloom, Ireland's largest gardening, food and family event, will take place in the Phoenix Park Dublin during the June bank holiday weekend for 5 days (From Thursday 31st May - Monday 4th June 2012
    )

Anyone get freebies or discounts on tickets? Not paying €15 or €20 a head.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

Hi last year I got buy one get one free vouhers off the mr middleton website, I checked and they dont have an offer up yet but might be worth keeping an eye on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 oceanblue

There are vouchers in Woodies DIY for "Buy one, get one half price" for admission

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

oceanblue wrote: »
    There are vouchers in Woodies DIY for "Buy one, get one half price" for admission

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Save an extra €2 discount off advance ticket price. This means you are saving a total of €7 off the on site price. use code GSC12 http://www.ticketmaster.ie/bloomdiscount

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Hi, Mr Middleton have posted out their email notice about buy one get one half price, can't be purchased in advance/online, only applicable to gate price. The offer is also posted on their website

http://www.mrmiddleton.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 catjune

flyguy wrote: »
    Save an extra €2 discount off advance ticket price. This means you are saving a total of €7 off the on site price. use code GSC12 http://www.ticketmaster.ie/bloomdiscount

Where do you enter this code on ticketmaster to get the discount?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

catjune wrote: »
    Where do you enter this code on ticketmaster to get the discount?
    Thanks

If you use the link you come to a page that gives you the option between weekend and weekday tickets. Choose which you'd like. Then select the amount of tickets you want at the shown price (this is the discounted price) and enter the code next to it (all capitals). It looks like you don't get any discount as the price doesn't change, but check ticketmaster without the link and you'll see the tickets are normally €2 more...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭donaghs

Looks like they are charging €20 online now for regular tickets?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Bloom has cost 3 million euro so far,and that was before a single person went through the entrance gates today.

20 euro is still good for a great family day out.

Bloom has cost 3 million euro so far,and that was before a single person went through the entrance gates today.

20 euro is still good for a great family day out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭donaghs

If I may beg to differ. I found (in the last 2 years) the small number of show gardens were nice, but the rest was mostly just people selling stuff. One marquee had a guy selling sitting room coaches, another guy was selling foot spas.

But the tickets are not for me this year. l'm trying to arrange tickets for some elderly relatives. Last year I one some in a competition, and another relative was able to "buy one, get one free" by paying a post office bill. There were also Facebook discount codes. No luck with any schemes like that this year.

Everyone was saying online tickets are €15, but on ticketmaster it looks like €20s for regular tickets, and €15 for OAPs. I hoping to also get a regular ticket for my wife.

Recession has worsened for alot of people (businesses and event organisers too),so hosting such a large event is a very hard job to do.

Lets just be thankfull that Bloom is happening this year.

Im going,as is the rest of my family and 20 euro a ticket is ok with me.

Good day out,nice stuff for the kids to do,free food and drinks.

Also a chance to meet and make new contacts with gardening suppliers and companies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

is it possible to hire one there, i see nothing on their website about it.

flutered wrote: »
    is it possible to hire one there, i see nothing on their website about it.

There were plenty of wheelchairs available at the main garda and medical centre last year.For infirm and elderly folk.

27 Display Gardens this year at Bloom,and all the plants are "Irish" plants this year too.
    Also over 100 different Irish food and drinks supplier stands too.

According to TV3 this morning,when they were walking around this years Bloom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 yellow01

Well, this year Bloom was just average or perhaps worse than ever (this was our 5th).

Problem with Bloom is that it is no longer about bloom. Food and horticulture are of course falling into the core definition of the event, but I don't understand construction, jewellery, crafts, leisure, travel and so on. These were completely random and it would be OK, if these things didn't actually squeeze floral marquee and plants just to a single tent. Yes, this is Bloom after all and we expected plants, shrubs, flowers (arrangements by AOIFA and others) to be emphasised or at least expanded to provide some breathing space. Lack of space, crowd and poor ventilation made all flowers and plants simply wilt on Saturday. Actually same with gardens. They were compacted to the extreme that they didn't feel like gardens any more and rather like fancy ideas for terraces.

The event surprised me with completely nothing. Food tent was overcrowded again, literally unusable, plants were presented in the same way and in the same arrangement, even sprinkler flowers were in the same location, Real Sausage was again located at playground, while Real Burger got its place near concert tent.

The highlight for me was a very laid back blues (not jazz) concert in a rainy atmosphere, which blended in perfectly. We actually enjoyed that very much and stopped regretting tickets. Also getting ourselves a tea tree was a nice treat. But apart from that, boring really...

As to the price, I am of a strong opinion that the organising company is interested in quantity and not quality. You know what I mean. It is at least unfair to suddenly change price from €15 to €20 without warning. I also highly disagree with a need to have a stub ticket for €0 for a child. I wouldn't, if it was possible to print it from the website. Unfortunately, if you attempted to buy a child ticket alone, TicketMaster crapped out. Pretty unprofessional.

If they 'copy-paste' Bloom 2013, we are not coming.

yellow01 wrote: »
    Well, this year Bloom was just average or perhaps worse than ever (this was our 5th).

Problem with Bloom is that it is no longer about bloom. Food and horticulture are of course falling into the core definition of the event, but I don't understand construction, jewellery, crafts, leisure, travel and so on. These were completely random and it would be OK, if these things didn't actually squeeze floral marquee and plants just to a single tent. Yes, this is Bloom after all and we expected plants, shrubs, flowers (arrangements by AOIFA and others) to be emphasised or at least expanded to provide some breathing space. Lack of space, crowd and poor ventilation made all flowers and plants simply wilt on Saturday. Actually same with gardens. They were compacted to the extreme that they didn't feel like gardens any more and rather like fancy ideas for terraces.

The event surprised me with completely nothing. Food tent was overcrowded again, literally unusable, plants were presented in the same way and in the same arrangement, even sprinkler flowers were in the same location, Real Sausage was again located at playground, while Real Burger got its place near concert tent.

The highlight for me was a very laid back blues (not jazz) concert in a rainy atmosphere, which blended in perfectly. We actually enjoyed that very much and stopped regretting tickets. Also getting ourselves a tea tree was a nice treat. But apart from that, boring really...

As to the price, I am of a strong opinion that the organising company is interested in quantity and not quality. You know what I mean. It is at least unfair to suddenly change price from €15 to €20 without warning. I also highly disagree with a need to have a stub ticket for €0 for a child. I wouldn't, if it was possible to print it from the website. Unfortunately, if you attempted to buy a child ticket alone, TicketMaster crapped out. Pretty unprofessional.

If they 'copy-paste' Bloom 2013, we are not coming.

Bloom cost 3 million euro to host,and thats before a paying person stepped into it.
    We are lucky to have this event this year,with the way the economic climate is at the moment.

The OPW can only give Bloom a certain amount of space to work with.

We thought it was a great day out,and my missus is a horticulturalist.

The quality of gardens and plant variety was far better than last year.

Great day out.

See my thread with lots of pictures.:)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056658900

We went back to Bloom today.

My thread now updated with a review of today at Bloom.See page 2

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056658900

Roll on Bloom 2013.:D

Advertisement