Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to ask for this haircut?

• 22-05-2012 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

I've been getting the same haircut for years now and want to try something new, but never know what to ask for when I go into the barbers. I was thinking something like this:

New%252525252525252525252525252BDavid%252525252525252525252525252BBeckham%252525252525252525252525252BHairstyles%252525252525252525252525252Bfor%252525252525252525252525252BMen%252525252525252525252525252B3.jpg

What would you ask for to get this type of haircut? I tried to ask for it before saying things like "fade" and "taper" but I had no clue what I was doing so I just ended up going back to the old hairstyle.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Just tell the barber you want the same haircut as Robbie Keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Print out that photo and bring it to the barbers? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Agree, print out several pictures of him and bring it along. I've done it on several occasions with my stylist with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭eaglach

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Print out that photo and bring it to the barbers? :confused:

Thanks for the advice but I think I'd get laughed out of the barbers if I brought a photo along! It's probably no problem with a stylist but not a barber (I don't go to a fancy hairdressers or anything - just a bog standard barber).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭OneIdea

eaglach wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice but I think I'd get laughed out of the barbers if I brought a photo along! It's probably no problem with a stylist but not a barber (I don't go to a fancy hairdressers or anything - just a bog standard barber).

To me that's just number 3 back and sides, you could mouse/gel the rest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Ask for short on back and sides and to leave the top long. That way you can mess around with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭eaglach

OneIdea wrote: »
    To me that's just number 3 back and sides, you could mouse/gel the rest?

Nah thats what I normally get, but his looks shorter at the bottom then gradually gets longer at the top. Only way I can describe it is like a fade or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Chun Li

Why not just go to a hairdressers for the original cut, bring the photo with you and then you can just get it maintained in the barbers from then on.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭celticcrash

eaglach wrote: »
    You definitely wont be laughed at for bringing a photo in to the barbers, they are professionals at what they do and with a lot of experience behind them.
    And your bog standard barber has shaped more heads than any stylist.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MangoLime

Just bring the photo. It's no big deal :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement