Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Concrete question

• 22-05-2012 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

doing a white concrete driveway bought a truck load of sand/gravel mix wondering how many shovels of white cement in relation to shovels of gravel using steel in mix was thinking 6 to1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 coolchillie

It depends on the look you're trying to achieve really. Remember that you only see the surface so dont be fooled into spending money on white concrete for the whole thickness.
    I assume you're doing this on a driveway or patio and if so, the recommended minimum depth for the concrete slab is 4" (100mm). Thats so it hopefully wont crack.
    So if you're putting in 4" of concrete depth, why not put the first 3 inches regular concrete and leave the surface very rough (with a rake) and mix the final inch with white cement?
    I do actually know what i'm talking about as I work in this industry.
    Mail me and I can give you more information on this.
    regards

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ansionnach

dovetail1 wrote: »
    doing a white concrete driveway bought a truck load of sand/gravel mix wondering how many shovels of white cement in relation to shovels of gravel using steel in mix was thinking 6 to1

Sorry to intrude on this thread but could you tell me where you bought the white cement?
    thanks

Advertisement