Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitch behavior changing ?

• 23-05-2012 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

i have a 6 month old husky bitch and over the last few days i have notice she has become withdrawn in herself and not as out going as she usually is, and also just lays around more which is not like her as she is full of energy. Could this be a sign that she is coming into heat or what do you think could be causing this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

yep got it in 1 i'd say, 1st heat any time soon!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yeah id imagine she could be coming into season soon. Make sure to keep her secure and that no dog cna get anywhere near her. Dont leave her in the garden un supervised as male dogs will do anything to get at a bitch in season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

While this may be related to her coming into season - it shouldnt just be assumed to be the cause of her out of character behaviour. She may be a little unwell or in some type of discomfort. Ive had a few female dogs come into season before spaying and they never acted unusually around that time. A check up at the vet would do no harm.

Advertisement