Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Certification - Where to start?

Options
  • 23-05-2012 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

Hello

I already have a CCNA, and although I plan on going on for a CCNP I would like to start on the path for Microsoft certification too.

I have been looking at the MS website and I'm a bit confused, mainly by the fact that a lot of their certifications seem to be expiring over the next few months, and also because I don't know which modules and which avenue, MCTS or MCSA, will best improve my career prospects.

My background is in broadband/desktop support but I would like to move upwards to server and network a, that is upwards, right?

Should I skip the certifications that are going to expire, should I go MCTS or MCSA, and which modules would you specifically recommend?

You can view them here: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-overview.aspx

Advertisement