Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iBood: Still waiting for my refund 5 months later

Options
  • 23-05-2012 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

Long story but I but I ordered batteries before Christmas 4 sets. They arrived late which I was expecting from iBood anyway. the problem started when i noticed that the package was damaged and that some contents were missing.

So on the day the batteries arrived I logged the problem 28th Dec 2011. They finally contacted me on the 26th Jan and said that they would refund but could I send the package back or they would look for the missing items in the warehouse. I said I wanted the missing items. No joy UPS then turned up collected the package and its' contents and then nothing. I emailed again and on 30 March got a reply..
    Our apologies for the severily belated reply.

Your order is still under investigation. The maximum limit of the investigation has just been reached so we have contacted UPS to attempt and find resolution.

Either way it should be over next week (we don't work on weekends) and we should be able to tell you what happened.

Thank you for your patience and we wish you a pleasant weekend!

3 weeks later nothing 2 more emails and they agree a refund (via bank transfer)

then I get this Shocker !!
    Thank you for your reply.

We have successfully received your details and are going to refund you for the missing items. The refund value of the missing items comes to a rounded total of EUR 15,-. It was an odd number, rounded down by 20 cents or so.

These funds will reach your bank account within 5 to 10 business days. Once again apologies for the inconvenience caused, we hope to close this unfortunate case once and for all.

Either way we wish you a lot of fun with your purchase in spite of the missing batteries and a very pleasant day.

If you have any further questions or comments, please contact us through the contact form on our website www.iBOOD.com or via 'My iBOOD'.

I paid over €80 for the batteries including postage and they want to refund 15 ROUNDED DOWN!!!!!!!

I replied and demanded a FULL refund.

Where do I stand here and who do I contact to get this resolved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

irelandjoe wrote: »
    Long story but I but I ordered batteries before Christmas 4 sets. They arrived late which I was expecting from iBood anyway. the problem started when i noticed that the package was damaged and that some contents were missing.

So on the day the batteries arrived I logged the problem 28th Dec 2011. They finally contacted me on the 26th Jan and said that they would refund but could I send the package back or they would look for the missing items in the warehouse. I said I wanted the missing items. No joy UPS then turned up collected the package and its' contents and then nothing. I emailed again and on 30 March got a reply..
    Our apologies for the severily belated reply.

Your order is still under investigation. The maximum limit of the investigation has just been reached so we have contacted UPS to attempt and find resolution.

Either way it should be over next week (we don't work on weekends) and we should be able to tell you what happened.

Thank you for your patience and we wish you a pleasant weekend!

3 weeks later nothing 2 more emails and they agree a refund (via bank transfer)

then I get this Shocker !!
    Thank you for your reply.

We have successfully received your details and are going to refund you for the missing items. The refund value of the missing items comes to a rounded total of EUR 15,-. It was an odd number, rounded down by 20 cents or so.

These funds will reach your bank account within 5 to 10 business days. Once again apologies for the inconvenience caused, we hope to close this unfortunate case once and for all.

Either way we wish you a lot of fun with your purchase in spite of the missing batteries and a very pleasant day.

If you have any further questions or comments, please contact us through the contact form on our website www.iBOOD.com or via 'My iBOOD'.

I paid over €80 for the batteries including postage and they want to refund 15 ROUNDED DOWN!!!!!!!

I replied and demanded a FULL refund.

Where do I stand here and who do I contact to get this resolved.

What did u order and What went wrong?i don't know if it's the few beers but I can't make head nor tail of your issue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

Was it for home or business use ,??

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

European Consumer Agency is your best bet .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

It sounds like they think that you still have most of your order and are sending you 15EUR to cover for the missing parts. I would reiterate to them that you now have nothing you ordered and you are demanding a full refund and an apology that it took so long to resolve such bad service.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

It sounds like they think that you still have most of your order and are sending you 15EUR to cover for the missing parts. I would reiterate to them that you now have nothing you ordered and you are demanding a full refund and an apology that it took so long to resolve such bad service.

Sorry for taking a while to respond.

They have most of the order and they are only sending me refund for what was missing initially. They collected the rest of the order so in fact they have the entire order. (But they claim that no update from UPS)

I have since my post sent 3 emails and not one response.

• Advertisement

rebeve wrote: »
    European Consumer Agency is your best bet .

I just opened a case with ECC Ireland

skinny90 wrote: »
    Was it for home or business use ,??

It was for home

Advertisement